||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for products and services. (September 2013)|
|Developer(s)||Civilized Discourse Construction Kit, Inc.|
|Stable release||1.1.3 / December 12, 2014|
|Available in||Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Ukrainian|
|License||GNU GPL version 2|
From a usability perspective, Discourse breaks with existing forum software by including features recently popularized by large social networks, such as infinite scrolling, live updates, oneboxing, expanding links, and drag and drop attachments. However, the stated goals of the project are social rather than technical, to improve online discussion quality through improved forum software.
The following software is required on a server to run Discourse:
- discourse.ubuntu.com - Ubuntu (operating system)
- discuss.atom.io - Atom (text editor)
-  - Schizophrenia.com Forums
-  - Sitepoint Forums
-  - Tudiabetes.org Forums
- Discourse releases
- "StackExchange Founder Vows to Reinvent Online Discourse". Wired. 2013-02-06.
- "Stack Exchange Co-Founder Jeff Atwood Launches Forums Startup Discourse". TechCrunch. 2013-02-05.
- "Discourse - A new type of forum". ITworld. 2013-04-19.
- Discourse Advanced Developer Install Guide
|This free software–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|