Disneyland Railroad (Paris)
|Disneyland Railroad (Paris)|
|Designer||Walt Disney Imagineering|
|Speed||10 mph (16 km/h)|
|Vehicle type||Train cars|
|Vehicles||5 per train|
|Riders per vehicle||54 passengers per vehicle|
|Rows||6 rows per vehicle|
|Riders per row||9 riders|
|Propulsion method||3 ft (914 mm) narrow gauge steam train|
|Locomotive names||W.F. Cody
|Track gauge||3 ft (914 mm)|
|Previous name||Euro Disneyland Railroad
The Disneyland Railroad (DLRR), originally the Euro Disneyland Railroad (EDRR), is a 3 ft (914 mm) narrow gauge railroad at Disneyland Park at the Disneyland Paris Resort in Marne-la-Vallée, France that was inaugurated on the park's opening day, April 12, 1992. Riders use it as transportation to other areas of the park or simply for the experience of the "Grand Circle Tour".
Main Street Station is seen upon entering Disneyland Park, in Main Street, U.S.A.. From there, guests can start their journey around the park, with a recorded narration commenting on visited landscapes.
Trains first cross a diorama recreation of the Grand Canyon, complete with wild animals and storm effects. As they arrive in Frontierland, travelling behind the Rivers of the Far West, they first stop in Frontierland Depot.
At Fantasyland Station, located in the British part of Fantasyland (which also includes Peter Pan's Flight and Alice's Curious Labyrinth), guests are given a whole view on the land, and then trains even venture through the facade of It's a Small World.
The Disneyland Railroad operates four themed trains, each pulled by a 4-4-0 steam locomotive built by H. P. Engineering in 1992:
- 1: G. Washington: Its colors are blue, white and red (representing both France and the USA). Its cars' names are references to places where Washington achieved famous events: Mt. Vernon, Boston, Philadelphia, Yorktown and Valley Forge.
- 2: C.K. Holliday: Named for Cyrus Kurtz Holliday, founder of the Atchinson, Topeka & Santa Fe Railroad in 1859. Since this train is a vacation train from the 19th century, its cars are named after vacation places: Coney Island, Atlantic City, Chesapeake, Long Island and Niagara Falls. The Anaheim version of the railroad has a locomotive also called "C.K. Holliday", but it is No. 1.
- 3: W.F. Cody: Named for William F. Cody, otherwise known as Buffalo Bill. The cars are named after Western cities: Silverton, Durango, Denver, Wichita and Cheyenne.
- 4: Eureka: Derived from an Ancient Greek meaning "I've found it", supposedly used by Californian gold miners on the discovery of gold in 1849. The cars are named after Californian cities: San Francisco, Los Angeles, Monterey, San Diego and Sacramento.
- Photos Magiques - Main Street Station / Frontierland Depot / Fantasyland Station / Discoveryland Station
- DLRP Magic - Main Street Station / Frontierland Depot / Fantasyland Station / Discoveryland Station
- DLRP Synopsis - Disneyland Railroad / Frontierland Depot
- Designing Disney - Main Street Station / Trains
|Disneyland Railroad (Paris)|