Distributed Active Archive Center
The Distributed Active Archive Centers (DAAC) are part of NASA's Earth Observing System Data and Information System (EOSDIS). DAACs process, archive, document, and distribute data from NASA's past and current Earth Observing System (EOS) satellites and field measurement programs. Each of the twelve data centers serves one or more specific Earth science disciplines and provides its user community with data products, data information, user services, and tools unique to its particular science.
List of data centers and data specialization 
- Alaska Satellite Facility (ASF): Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) data, sea ice, polar processes, geophysics.
- Crustal Dynamics Data Information System (CDDIS): Space geodesy.
- Global Hydrology Resource Center (GHRC): hydrologic cycle, severe weather interactions, lightning, atmospheric convection.
- Goddard Earth Sciences Data and Information Services Center (GES DISC): global precipitation, solar irradiance, atmospheric composition, atmospheric dynamics, global modeling.
- Land Processes DAAC (LP DAAC): surface reflectance, land cover, vegetation indices.
- Level 1 Atmosphere Archive and Distribution System (MODAPS LAADS): radiance, atmosphere.
- NASA Langley Research Center Atmospheric Science Data Center (LaRC ASDC): radiation budget, clouds, aerosols, tropospheric chemistry.
- National Snow and Ice Data Center (NSIDC): snow, ice, cryosphere, climate.
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory DAAC (ORNL DAAC): biogeochemical dynamics, ecological data, environmental processes.
- Ocean Biology Processing Group: ocean biology, ocean color, ocean biogeochemistry, sea surface temperature.
- Physical Oceanography DAAC (PO DAAC): sea surface temperature, ocean winds, circulation and currents, topography and gravity.
- Socioeconomic Data and Applications Data Center (SEDAC): human interactions, land use, environmental sustainability, geospatial data, multilateral environmental agreements.
|This computer networking article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|