Diving at the 1988 Summer Olympics – Men's 10 metre platform
|Men's 10 metre platform
at the Games of the XXIV Olympiad
|Diving at the
1988 Summer Olympics
|3 m springboard||men||women|
|10 m platform||men||women|
The competition was split into two phases:
- Preliminary round (26 September)
- Divers performed ten dives. The twelve divers with the highest scores advanced to the final.
- Final (27 September)
- Divers performed another set of ten dives and the score here obtained determined the final ranking.
Days after suffering a concussion during a missed dive in winning the 3 metre springboard event, defending champion Greg Louganis won the fourth gold medal of his Olympic career, scoring a near-perfect 86.70 points on his final dive to win by a narrow margin of 1.14 points.
|Greg Louganis (USA)||617.67||1||638.61|
|Xiong Ni (CHN)||601.50||2||637.47|
|Jesús Mena (MEX)||523.50||9||594.39|
|4||Georgy Chogovadze (URS)||540.90||7||585.96|
|5||Jan Hempel (GDR)||558.03||5||583.77|
|6||Li Kongzheng (CHN)||578.31||3||543.81|
|7||Steffen Haage (GDR)||529.68||8||541.02|
|8||Vladimir Timoshinin (URS)||570.75||4||534.66|
|9||Jorge Mondragón (MEX)||518.52||11||511.89|
|10||Isao Yamagishi (JPN)||517.80||12||500.70|
|11||David Bédard (CAN)||524.10||10||499.53|
|12||Patrick Jeffrey (USA)||553.89||6||483.54|
|13||Albin Killat (FRG)||517.23||13|
|14||Keita Kaneto (JPN)||497.04||14|
|15||Robert Morgan (GBR)||489.27||15|
|16||Domenico Rinaldi (ITA)||476.01||16|
|17||Oscar Bertone (ITA)||471.24||17|
|18||Craig Rogerson (AUS)||469.47||18|
|19||Graeme Banks (AUS)||462.87||19|
|20||Jeffrey Hirst (CAN)||453.99||20|
|21||Jeffrey Arbon (GBR)||450.18||21|
|22||Willi Meyer (FRG)||449.07||22|
|23||Frédéric Pierre (FRA)||437.01||23|
|24||Tom Lemaire (BEL)||433.68||24|
|25||Emilio Ratia (ESP)||425.73||25|
|26||Lee Sun-gee (KOR)||420.45||26|
- Simon Burnton (March 28, 2012). "50 stunning Olympic moments No20: Greg Louganis's perfect dive 1988". The Guardian.
- Official Report of the Games of the XXIVth Olympiad Seoul, 1988 - Volume 2: Competition Summary and Results (pdf) (in english and french). Seoul: Seoul Olympic Organizing Committee. 1989. pp. pp. 578–81. OCLC 23924033. Retrieved 2007-01-11.