|Eastern College Athletic Conference - East
|Sports fielded||Ice hockey (men's: 10 teams; women's: 14 teams)|
|Region||New York and New England|
There are 16 member schools; the men's division of the ECAC East has ten members, while the women's division has fourteen.
Holy Cross, a Division I school, is not allowed to participate in the ECAC East playoffs, nor is the team eligible for the Division III national tournament.
The same is true for Saint Anselm College and St. Michael's, which are Division II schools. However, their primary conference, the D-II Northeast Ten Conference, sponsors a post-season tournament involving the six member schools that play down to the Division III level in men's hockey. (The other four teams play in the ECAC Northeast.) Saint Anselm College and St. Michael's are thus considered to be members of both the ECAC East and the Northeast Ten in men's hockey.
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (women), 2005 (ECAC Hockey (D-I))
- Rochester Institute of Technology (women), 2007 (ECAC West)
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (women), 2009 (dropped program)
- Salem State College (men), 2009 (MASCAC)
- Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts (Men), 2003 (dropped program)