Eagle Township, Boone County, Indiana
Salem United Methodist Church, located in a rural part of the township
Location of Eagle Township in Boone County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||26.73 sq mi (69.2 km2)|
|• Land||26.65 sq mi (69.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.09 sq mi (0.2 km2)|
|Elevation||915 ft (279 m)|
|• Density||824.8/sq mi (318.5/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453269|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 26.73 square miles (69.2 km2), of which 26.65 square miles (69.0 km2) (or 99.70%) is land and 0.09 square miles (0.23 km2) (or 0.34%) is water.
Cities and towns
Unincorporated towns or communities
- Allens Acres
- Austin Oaks
- Eagle Village
- Eaglewood Estates
- Fox Hollow
- Hamilton (historical)
- Northern Meadows
- Russell Lake
- The Woodlands
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Perry (west)
- Union (north)
- Worth (northwest)
- Brown Township, Hendricks County (southwest)
- Clay Township, Hamilton County (east)
- Pike Township, Marion County (south)
- Washington Township, Hamilton County (northeast)
The township contains six cemeteries: Clarkstown, Cox, Jones, Lincoln Memory Gardens, Pitzer, Salem and Sheets.
- "Eagle Township, Boone County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.