Pike Township, Marion County, Indiana
The George Washington Tomlinson House, a historic site in the township
|Named for||Zebulon Pike|
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||44.1 sq mi (114.2 km2)|
|• Land||41.5 sq mi (107.6 km2)|
|• Water||2.6 sq mi (6.6 km2)|
|Elevation||850 ft (259 m)|
|• Density||1,800/sq mi (680/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453735|
Pike Township is one of the nine townships of Marion County, Indiana, United States, North America, located in the northwestern portion of the county. The entire township is administratively part of Indianapolis, although a portion of the included town of Clermont lies in the southwest corner. As of the 2010 census, Pike Township had a population of 77,895 living in an area of approximately 107 km² (41.5 mi²). The Metropolitan School District of Pike Township nearly covers the township, but a small area in the south is within the Indianapolis Public Schools system. The private Brebeuf Jesuit Preparatory School is also in this township.
Pike Township is home to Eagle Creek Park and Lafayette Square Mall. The National FFA Organization, Kiwanis International, Dow AgroSciences, Klipsch Audio Technologies, Cheever Racing, and the Indianapolis Colts have their headquarters here. The north junction of I-65 and I-465 is located in this township and while I-74 runs through the southwest corner, there are no exits available from I-74.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Pike township, Marion County, Indiana". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved February 13, 2012.
- Pike Township official website
- Pike Township Historical Society (Archived October 9, 2007 at the Wayback Machine)
- Historic Traders Point
- Indiana Township Association
- United Township Association of Indiana