Eastern Intermediate High School
|Eastern Intermediate High School|
|Laurel Oak Road
Voorhees, NJ 08043
|Principal||Dr. James Talarico(Retired)|
|Faculty||61 (on FTE basis)|
|Enrollment||1,093 (as of 2009-10)|
|Student to teacher ratio||17.92:1|
|Athletics conference||Olympic Conference|
Eastern Intermediate High School was a public high school that served students in grades nine to ten from three communities in Camden County, New Jersey, United States, as part of the Eastern Camden County Regional High School District. The school serves students from Berlin Borough, Gibbsboro and Voorhees Township. The high school is located in Voorhees Township. Students move on to Eastern High School for grades nine thru twelve. The district was established in 1965, with 35 professional staff and 495 students, and Eastern Intermediate High School was completed in 1992.
As of the 2009-10 school year, the school had an enrollment of 1,063 students and 61 classroom teachers (on an FTE basis), for a student–teacher ratio of 17.92:1. Eastern has a multi-cultural and diverse population with 68.5% White, 14.5% Asian, 9.8% African-American and 4.0% Latino. As a comprehensive secondary school, Eastern is accredited by the New Jersey Department of Education.
The average academic class size is 24. Daily student attendance averages more than 92.5% and the annual dropout rate is less than 2%.
Awards, recognition and rankings
The school was the 86th-ranked public high school in New Jersey out of 322 schools statewide, in New Jersey Monthly magazine's September 2010 cover story on the state's "Top Public High Schools", after being ranked 79th in 2008 out of 316 schools. The school was ranked 58th in the magazine's September 2006 issue, which included 316 schools across the state. In the September 2008 issue of Philadelphia Magazine, Eastern was ranked 32nd among The Top Fifty Public School Districts.
- Principal - Dr. James Talarico
- Eastern Intermediate High School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed July 14, 2007.
- Staff. "2010 Top High Schools", New Jersey Monthly, August 16, 2010. Accessed August 18, 2012.
- "Top New Jersey High Schools 2008: By Rank", New Jersey Monthly, September 2008, posted August 7, 2008. Accessed August 19, 2008.
- "The Top 50 School Districts 2008", Philadelphia, September 2008, posted August 29, 2008. Accessed August 29, 2008.
- Eastern Camden County Regional High School District
- Eastern Intermediate High School's 2012–13 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- Data for the Eastern Camden County Regional High School District, National Center for Education Statistics