Elizabeth Jeffreys (born 22 July 1941) was Bywater and Sotheby Professor of Byzantine and Modern Greek Language and Literature, University of Oxford, and Fellow of Exeter College, Oxford, 1996–2006. She is now Emeritus Professor, and Emeritus Fellow of Exeter College.
Jeffreys taught at Mary Datchelor Girls' School (now closed), London, 1965–69, then became Senior Resident Fellow at the Warburg Institute, University of London, 1969–72. She was a Visiting Fellow at the Dumbarton Oaks Center for Byzantine Studies, 1972–74, then Resident Fellow at the University of Ioannina, 1974–76. She then moved to Australia as lecturer at universities in Sydney, Australia, 1976–86; Resident Fellow, University of Melbourne, 1987–89; and Resident Fellow then Senior Resident Fellow, University of Sydney, 1990–95, before returning to Oxford as fellow and professor. After retiring she held a Leverhulme Emeritus Fellowship 2008–09.
Jeffreys is a Fellow of the Australian Academy of the Humanities and honorary Fellow of St Anne's College, Oxford.
- Byzantine Papers, proceedings of the First Australian Byzantine Studies Conference, Canberra, May 1978 (ed. with Michael Jeffreys and Ann Moffatt), Australian National University, 1981. ISBN 0-86784-009-9
- Popular literature in late Byzantium: collected papers (with Michael Jeffreys), Variorum Reprints, 1983. ISBN 0-86078-118-6
- The Chronicle of John Malalas (tr. with Michael Jeffreys and Roger Scott), Australian Association for Byzantine Studies, 1986. ISBN 0-9593626-2-2
- Studies in John Malalas (ed. with Brian Croke and Roger Scott), Australian Association for Byzantine Studies, 1990. ISBN 0-9593626-5-7
- Ho Polemos tes Troados (The War of Troy) (with Manolis Papathomopoulos), National Bank of Greece Cultural Foundation, 1996; ISBN 960-250-118-9
- Digenis Akritis: the Grottaferrata and Escorial versions (ed. and tr.), Cambridge University Press, 1998. ISBN 0-521-39472-4
- Through the looking glass: Byzantium through British eyes, papers from the twenty-ninth Spring Symposium of Byzantine Studies, London, March 1995 (ed. with Robin Cormack), Ashgate, 2000. ISBN 0-86078-667-6
- Rhetoric in Byzantium, papers from the thirty-fifth Spring Symposium of Byzantine Studies, Exeter College, Oxford, March 2001 (ed.), Ashgate, 2003. ISBN 0-7546-3453-1
- Byzantine style, religion, and civilization (in honour of Sir Steven Runciman), Cambridge University Press, 2006. ISBN 0-521-83445-7
- The age of the dromon: the Byzantine navy ca. 500-1204, with John Pryor (appendix translated by Ahmad Shboul), Brill Academic Publishers, 2006. ISBN 90-04-15197-4
- Oxford Handbook of Byzantine Studies, with Robin Cormack and John Haldon, Oxford University Press, 2008. ISBN 0-19-925246-7
- Iacobi Monachi Epistulae (Letters of the monk Jacob), Brepols, 2009. ISBN 2-503-40681-5
- Four Byzantine novels (translated from the Ancient Greek), Liverpool University Press, 2012. ISBN 1-84631-825-4
- JEFFREYS, Prof. Elizabeth Mary, Who's Who 2012, A & C Black, 2012; online edn, Oxford University Press, Dec 2011, accessed 9 Feb 2012
- Prof Elizabeth Jeffreys, Debrett's People Online
- Professor E.M. Jeffreys, Oxford University Faculty of Medieval and Modern Languages (retired postholders)
- Elizabeth Jeffreys, Oxford Centre for Late Antiquity
- Jeffreys, Elizabeth, FAHA, Australian Academy of the Humanities