18 March 1976
|Occupation||Broadcaster, former model|
|Employer||BBC, Channel 5, ITV, Heart FM|
|Known for||Big Brother's Bit on the Side (2011–)
This Morning (2012–)
Sunday Morning Breakfast (2012–)
Big Brother (2013–)
Prize Island (2013)
The Voice UK (2014–)
|Height||5 feet 6 inches (1.68 m)|
|Spouse(s)||Matt Willis (m. 2008)|
|Children||Isabelle Catherine (b. 2009)
Ace Billy (b. 2011)
Emma Willis (née Griffiths; born 18 March 1976) is an English television presenter and former model, best known for her current television and radio work with Channel 5, BBC, ITV and Heart FM.
Willis first rose to fame in 2002 when she began presenting on MTV UK, but in recent years she has presented various programmes for ITV including This Morning and Loose Women. She also currently presents the ITV2 dating show Girlfriends and the Sunday breakfast show on Heart FM alongside Stephen Mulhern.
After co-hosting Big Brother's Little Brother for a time on Channel 4, it was confirmed in 2011 that Emma would be returning to the revived Channel 5 series, presenting spin-off show Big Brother's Bit on the Side for two series from 2011 until 2013, whilst Brian Dowling hosted the main show. On 13 March 2013 it was reported that Brian Dowling would be axed from Big Brother, with Willis taking over from him in 2013.
In 2013, Willis co-presented the ITV game show Prize Island, with Alexander Armstong and since January 2014, she has co-presented the BBC One talent show series The Voice UK, alongside Marvin Humes. They began hosting the show from the third series.
Willis was born in Birmingham, England, and grew up in nearby Sutton Coldfield. She has an older sister. Willis attended John Willmott School in Sutton Coldfield. She began modelling at the age of 17, and during her career has worked for magazines, retailers, and companies such as Marie Claire, Elle, Vogue, GAP and Chanel.
In September 2012, Willis became a permanent presenter on This Morning, presenting segments in The Hub, taking over from Coleen Nolan. She is also a stand-in presenter on the main show when Holly Willoughby or Ruth Langsford are absent.
|“||Working with Phillip, Holly, Eamonn and Ruth has been nothing but a pleasure, so knowing I will officially be part of the family from October is really exciting. I can't wait to get cracking||”|
On 16 November 2012, Willis was drafted in to guest anchor Loose Women, she has since presented on several occasions as a stand-in presenter. She covered for Carol Vorderman after she broke her nose in April 2013.
Emma is to present new ITV game show Prize Island in 2013, alongside Alexander Armstrong, it was rumoured that the show has been axed before it has began, this was later denied and began airing on 27 October 2013.
On 20 November 2013, Emma guest presented the teatime chat show The Paul O'Grady Show, whilst O'Grady was away. She was one of five presenters covering for him that week.
In 2007, Willis guest hosted the tenth week of Big Brother's Big Mouth. Three years later in 2010, Willis began presenting a Celebrity Big Brother online spin-off show, entitled Celebrity Big Brother's Big i. Whist presenting the online spinoff in the same series, Willis also presented another edition of Big Mouth whilst Davina McCall entered the Big Brother house as part of a task. She was then later announced as the new co-presenter on the final series of Big Brother's Little Brother, hosting alongside George Lamb.
In 2010 it was confirmed that Willis would replace Melinda Messenger on Channel 5 series Live from Studio Five, but after only two months presenting the series Willis announced she would be departing in order to co-present Big Brother's Little Brother and was therefore replaced by Jayne Middlemiss.
In 2011, it was confirmed that she would be returning to the revived series, presenting spin-off show Big Brother's Bit on the Side for three series from 2011 until 2013. (This became permanent as Willis still presents the show to date).
In 2012, fans made a Facebook account to campaign to make Willis the main presenter on Big Brother and to replace former host Brian Dowling, Willis has been compared in the media to a young Davina McCall.
On 13 March 2013 it was reported that Brian Dowling would be axed from Big Brother and be replaced by Willis with a source saying "Brian has been a great host but Emma is seen by channel chiefs as a true successor to Davina. They're talking to her now about taking over the role from the summer" It was later confirmed, on 2 April 2013 by Channel 5 that Willis would be replacing Dowling as the new host of Big Brother. On 13 June 2013, she began presenting the fourteenth series of Big Brother.
As well as hosting Big Brother, Emma also presents the celebrity series of the show. She began doing so in the summer of 2013.
In mid-2013, Willis was confirmed as the replacement for Holly Willoughby on the BBC One talent show The Voice UK, which she began co-presenting in the third series, which began airing on 11 January 2014. She currently co-hosts the show with JLS singer Marvin Humes, who replaced Reggie Yates in 2014.
|“||The Voice is an absolutely brilliant TV show with the unique ability to showcase and nurture amazing raw talent. I couldn't be more excited to be a part of it and I cannot wait to get started||”|
In September 2013, Willis received a longlist nomination for Most Popular Entertainment Presenter for the National Television Awards in 2014, which was second successive longlist nomination for the award.
|2003–05||Total Request Live||Presenter|
|2007, 2010||Big Brother's Big Mouth||Guest Presenter||Big Brother 8 – Week 10, Celebrity Big Brother 7 – Day 24|
|2007–08||I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here! NOW!||Co-presenter||Series 7–8|
|2008||Red Bull Flugtag||Co-presenter|
|27 Dresses: Movie Special||Presenter||One-off episode|
|2010||Live From Studio Five||Co-presenter||Series 1|
|The Real Hustle||Herself||18 February|
|2010||Big Brother's Little Brother||Co-presenter||Series 11 and Ultimate Big Brother|
|2011—||Celebrity Big Brother's Bit on the Side||Co-presenter(2011—)||Celebrity Big Brother 8—|
|Big Brother's Bit on the Side||Co-presenter (2011—)||Big Brother 12—|
|[[This Morning (TV programme)
|Hub Presenter||Mondays and Tuesdays|
|This Morning||Stand-in Presenter||21–24 February; 2 March; 6 July; 10, 17, 24 August; 21–22 November 2012; 15 February; 16, 17 September 2013|
|Loose Women||Guest Anchor||16 November 2012; 24 January; 5, 9, 11, 16, 19 April 2013|
|2013||Les Miserables: Movie Special||Co-presenter||One-off episode|
|Speidi: Scandal, Secrets & Surgery!||Narrator||One-off episode|
|2013—||Big Brother||Presenter||Big Brother 14—|
|Celebrity Big Brother||Presenter||Celebrity Big Brother 12—|
|2013||The Paul O'Grady Show||Guest Presenter||20 November|
|2014—||The Voice UK||Co-presenter||Series 3—|
|2014||Mum of the Year Awards||Presenter||30 March|
- Never Mind the Buzzcocks (13 March 2005, 25 November 2013) – Guest
- All Star Family Fortunes (11 October 2008) – Contestant
- All Star Mr & Mrs (30 May 2009) – Contestant
- Lorraine (16 August 2011, 7 January 2014) – Guest
- Loose Women (1 June 2012, 20 September 2013) – Guest
- Strictly Come Dancing: It Takes Two (2012, 2013) – Guest
- Let's Do Lunch with Gino & Mel (18 July 2013) – Guest
- Celebrity Juice (31 October 2013) – Panellist
- Alan Carr's New Year Specstacular (31 December 2013) – Guest
- Catchphrase: Mother's Day Special (30 March 2014) – Contestant with mother
Emma Griffiths married Busted member Matt Willis at Rushton Hall, Northamptonshire on 5 July 2008 after three years of dating. The wedding of Willis and Griffiths featured in OK magazine. She gave birth to their first child, daughter Isabelle Catherine Willis, on 20 June 2009 in Portland Hospital, London. On 25 November 2011, the couple had a baby boy, Ace Billy Willis. She is an Aston Villa supporter, her hometown club.
Willis is an ambassador for The Prince's Trust.
- "Emma Willis in gear for Style In The City". Birmingham Post (Trinity Mirror). 3 September 2009.
- Big Brother: Brian Dowling to be replaced by Emma Willis as host? – Big Brother News – Reality TV. Digital Spy (13 March 2013). Retrieved on 31 March 2014.
- Leigh, Rob. (13 March 2013) Big Brother: Emma Willis 'in running to take over from Brian Dowling' – Mirror Online. Mirror.co.uk. Retrieved on 31 March 2014.
- Emma Willis replaces Brian Dowling as presenter of ‘Big Brother’. Telly Spy (2 April 2013). Retrieved on 31 March 2014.
- Martin, Charlotte (11 August 2010). "Isabelle is a Bundle of joy!". The Sun.
- Hebenton, Alana. "INTERVIEWING EMMA WILLIS". Baby Surrey.
- Emma Willis | Presenters & Experts | This Morning. Itv.com (4 September 2013). Retrieved on 31 March 2014.
- Emma Willis show 'Prize Island' to be axed by ITV? – TV News. Digital Spy (25 June 2013). Retrieved on 31 March 2014.
- "Brian Dowling Axed?". Being Big Brother. Retrieved 21 June 2013.
- Emma Willis replaces Brian Dowling as new Channel 5 Big Brother host – Big Brother News – Reality TV. Digital Spy (2 April 2013). Retrieved on 31 March 2014.
- Emma Willis revealed as Tesco Mum of the Year Awards host. Tescoliving.com (20 March 2014). Retrieved on 31 March 2014.
- Osborne, Harriet. "Celebrity Big Brother 2014: Emma Willis waves in a brand new set of housemates". OK! Magazine. Archived from the original on 19 August 2014. Retrieved 19 August 2014.
- Big Brother's Emma Willis announced as new presenter of 'The Voice' UK – The Voice News – Reality TV. Digital Spy (14 September 2013). Retrieved on 31 March 2014.
- The Voice UK renewed for two more series – The Voice News – Reality TV. Digital Spy. Retrieved on 31 March 2014.
- 2014 National Television Awards – Longlist Nominations digitalspy.co.uk. 17 September 2013. Retrieved 18 September 2013.
- Biz, TV (17 March 2010). "Five back Emma as a Live star". The Sun.
- Three ITV Press Centre, 3 May 2012
- Stephen Mulhurn and Emma Willis Heart
- "What Matt goes to church for". The Sun. News Group Newspapers Ltd. 10 July 2008. Retrieved 17 February 2010.
- "Matt Willis weds Emma Griffiths fresh out of rehab". mirror.co.uk. MGN Limited. 6 July 2008. Retrieved 17 February 2010.
- "Willis, Griffiths welcome baby daughter". Digital Spy Limited. 22 June 2009. Retrieved 17 February 2010.
- Matt and Emma Willis have a baby girl. Nowmagazine.co.uk (23 June 2009). Retrieved on 31 March 2014.
|Big Brother UK Presenter