Enclave (video game)
||This article's lead section may not adequately summarize key points of its contents. (August 2013)|
Swing! Deutschland (EUR)
Conspiracy Games (US)
|Release date(s)||Xbox 
|Genre(s)||Action RPG, hack and slash|
|Distribution||CD, DVD, Wii Optical Disc, digital distribution|
Enclave is a third-person 3D action role-playing game from Starbreeze Studios, released for Microsoft Windows and Xbox on July 19, 2002. A Nintendo GameCube version was also in development but was eventually cancelled in early 2003. A Wii port, titled Enclave: Shadows of Twilight, was originally slated for the middle of June 2010, and was finally released in Europe on May 22, 2012.
In this game, set in a medieval fantasy realm, players can choose to take on the role of either a "Warrior of Light" or a "Minion of Darkness", complete with separate and unique missions reflecting the nature of that decision.
One thousand years ago, the Dreg'Atar armies of the demon lord known as Vatar had all but destroyed the people of Celenheim. In an act of desperation, the high wizard Zale sundered the land and created a rift around Celenheim, keeping the armies of Vatar at bay. In time, Celenheim forgot the war and forgot Vatar as they went about their daily affairs. Now, the rift is closing, and evil threatens the land once again. An unlikely hero, freed from prison by happenstance, must rise and fight for Light or Darkness, to either destroy the demon king Vatar or kill the queen of Celenheim.
- Alecto: The leader of the Ancestors (the people of Meckelon) who resembles a typical Roman emperor. The player must earn an audience with him in order to gain his aid in the upcoming war with the Outlanders.
- Head Councillor Mordessa: The evil sorceress who wishes to summon Vatar and, together with him, reign the world. With a ruthless heart and an extraordinary magical skill, she's certainly capable of realizing her goal. She is the player's mistress for most of the Dark campaign.
- High Wizard Zale: The mighty and mysterious wizard who defeated Vatar, now assumed long-dead.
- Queen Aylindel and Princess Jasindra: Good rulers of the Enclavers. Jasindra is a virgin, and Mordessa needs her as sacrifice for Vatar in order to unite with her "love".
- Vatar ("Great One"): A mighty ancient demon and the incarnation of evil and fear. He was once destroyed by High Wizard Zale, but later revived by High Councillor Mordessa with the help of the Tome of Souls. He is forced to obey Mordessa, but ultimately aims to break free from the bound of his "beloved" servant. In doing so, he will be able to assume his former role in order to invade the Enclave and take back the very magic he once lost to.
- Zurana: Once an ambitious sorceress and a rival of Mordessa for Vatar's affections, Zurana was consumed by evil forces of the Tome of Souls and was defeated by Vatar. She now appears as a large demon-like skeleton.
Enclave is a third person hack and slash role-playing game. The player uses medieval and magical weapons to fight enemies. At the beginning of each mission, the player chooses a character to control. With the character selected, the player selects weapons and gear to equip for the mission. Gold is required to equip all gear. During each mission, the player collects gold and gems to increase the starting gold available at the start of each mission.
|This section requires expansion. (March 2011)|
In March 2003, Starbreeze announced Enclave II has been in development for Xbox, PlayStation 2, and the PC. The game was supposed to feature a new fighting system and full motion capture, with single player and both cooperative and competitive multiplayer modes planned. The player character was Erlendur, a young Ancestor sorcerer apprentice, and his quest was to reach Enclave before the evil sorceress Callia does.
- Search: (2002-07-29). "Enclave Release Information for Xbox". GameFAQs. Retrieved 2011-08-19.
- Search: (2003-03-10). "Enclave Release Information for PC". GameFAQs. Retrieved 2011-08-19.
- "Enclave - Shadows of Twilight Prepares for Early Summer Launch
- TopWare Resurrects Enclave Wii-Make
- "Enclave for PC". GameRankings. CBS Interactive. Retrieved August 28, 2011.
- "Enclave for Xbox". GameRankings. CBS Interactive. Retrieved August 28, 2011.
- Enclave II First Look - PC News at IGN