Engie Benjy is a pre-school children's television show, broadcast on ITV's children's strand, CITV. Engie Benjy is a blue haired boy, a mechanic who helps fix problems with his friends' vehicles. His dog is Jollop and his breakdown van is Dan the Van. Other characters include Driver Dottie, Astronaut Al and Farmer Fred.
The main character voices were provided by television double act, Ant and Dec. In the first series Dec voiced the title role of Engie Benjy while Ant voiced his dog, Jollop. In the third series another character was added for Ant to voice called Trucker Troy, Engie Benjy's cousin. Astronaut Al was voiced by Les Dennis, Driver Dottie by Teresa Gallagher, and Fisherman Fin and Messenger Mo by David Holt.
The show was created by Bridget Appleby at Cosgrove Hall Films, and first shown on CITV, and it is also seen on Nick Jr. Four series of 13 episodes were made, with first broadcasts from 2002 to 2005. It has been sold in over 80 territories worldwide.
In Canada, the show was aired on YTV. In the USA, Engie Benjy was aired on Disney Junior (Asia). It was seen on the VHS Tape Release from Video International Collection and Rights Entertainment in 2009.
Six DVDs of episodes were issued between 2003 and 2005.
- Series 1: 13 episodes - First shown from 4 September 2002
- Series 2: 13 episodes - First shown from 9 September 2003
- Series 3: 13 episodes - First shown from 22 March 2004
- Series 4: 13 episodes - First shown from 6 September 2004
- "Engie Benjy". CITV. ITV Network Ltd. Archived from the original on 29 September 2006. Retrieved 2 March 2014.
- "Information for Parents". CITV. ITV Network Ltd. Archived from the original on 5 February 2006. Retrieved 2 March 2014.