Estádio de Pituaçu
|Estádio Governador Roberto Santos|
|Estádio de Pituaçu|
|Owner||Bahia State Government|
|Field dimensions||110 x 68m|
|Esporte Clube Bahia|
Estádio Governador Roberto Santos, usually known as Estádio de Pituaçu, is a football stadium located in Salvador, Bahia state, Brazil. The stadium is owned by the Government of Bahia state and it was built in 1979. Its formal name honors Roberto Santos, who was a federal deputy, the governor of Bahia state from 1975 to 1979, a professor at the Universidade Federal da Bahia's Faculty of Medicine, and was the Minister of Health during José Sarney's government. The stadium became one of the most important stadiums in Bahia after the Fonte Nova stadium's demolition was announced, and it has a maximum capacity of 32,157 people, but it will be expanded to a maximum capacity of 34,000 people. It is Esporte Clube Bahia's home stadium during the building of the Arena Fonte Nova.
The stadium construction concluded in 1979. The inaugural match was played on March 11 of that year, when Bahia beat Fluminense de Feira 2-0. The first goal of the stadium was scored by Bahia's Douglas.
On January 21, 2008, the stadium reformation started. It was planned to be concluded in August of the same year, but it was delayed to October due to a workers' strike. The first official game of the new stadium occurred on January 25, 2009, with Bahia defeating Ipitanga 4-0. Its maximum capacity will be expanded to 34,000 people, and it will be adapted to be in accordance with the Brazilian Supporters' Statute (Estatuto do Torcedor).
- "CNEF - Cadastro Nacional de Estádios de Futebol" (PDF) (in Portuguese). CBF. August 14, 2009. Retrieved September 11, 2009.
- "Estádio Metropolitano Roberto Santos" (in Portuguese). Templos do Futebol. Retrieved January 12, 2008.
- Enciclopédia do Futebol Brasileiro, Volume 2 - Lance, Rio de Janeiro: Aretê Editorial S/A, 2001.
- "Governo anuncia estádio para o Bahia a partir de agosto" (in Portuguese). UOL Esporte. Retrieved January 12, 2008.
- "Estádio de Pituaçu não ficará mais pronto em agosto" (in Portuguese). Jornal da Mídia. May 26, 2008. Retrieved September 3, 2008.
- "Estádio de Pituaçu só vai ficar pronto em outubro" (in Portuguese). Jornal da Mídia. July 7, 2008. Retrieved September 3, 2008.
- "Na reinauguração de Pituaçu, Bahia goleia Ipitanga" (in Portuguese). A Tarde. January 25, 2009. Retrieved July 15, 2011.
- "Obras em Pituaçu devem acabar em maio de 2008" (in Portuguese). Globo Online. Retrieved January 12, 2008.
- "Nilmar brilha, reservas dão conta do recado e Brasil bate freguês Chile: 4 a 2" (in Portuguese). UOL Esporte. September 9, 2009. Retrieved September 11, 2009.