Exposed (Mike Oldfield album)
|Live album by Mike Oldfield|
|Released||17 July 1979|
|Recorded||March – April 1979 (Tour of Europe)|
|Producer||Philp R. Newell
|Mike Oldfield chronology|
|Singles from Exposed|
Exposed is a live double album by Mike Oldfield, released in 1979.
Initially during the tour the concerts were being recorded without the knowledge of the musicians, so that they could be paid less money; for just a performance and not a recording, the musicians found out, but the recordings went ahead and the album was produced.
The album was recorded using The Manor Studio's Mobile unit, and mixed at The Town House, London. Although not marketed as such, the double vinyl album was recorded in quad using the SQ Quadraphonic System.
Mercury Records album reissues
As of October 2013[update] the album has not been reissued by Mercury Records, however other reissued albums include different live recordings from the same period as Exposed. This comes as part of a deal in which Oldfield's Virgin albums were transferred to Universal's label. With the exception of this record and The Orchestral Tubular Bells, all Oldfield's other 1970s albums have been reissued by Mercury Records.
- "Incantations (Parts 3 & 4)" (Mike Oldfield) – 20:50
- "Tubular Bells (Part 1)" (Mike Oldfield) – 28:36
- "Tubular Bells (Part 2)" (Mike Oldfield, except "The Sailor's Hornpipe") – 11:09
- "Guilty" (Mike Oldfield) – 6:22
|German Albums (Offizielle Top 100)||43|
|UK Albums (OCC)||16|
- Exposed review at AllMusic
- Starr, Red. "Albums". Smash Hits (August 23 – September 5 1979): 25.
- Oldfield, Mike (2007). Changeling - Autobiography of Mike Oldfield. Virgin Books. ISBN 978-1-85227-381-1.
- "1979 Exposed". Dark Star. Retrieved 12 October 2013.
- "Longplay-Chartverfolgung at Musicline" (in German). Musicline.de. Phononet GmbH. Retrieved 2013-04-08.
- "1979-08-18 Top 40 UK Albums Archive". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 2013-04-08.
- Mike Oldfield discography - Exposed at Tubular.net