|Directed by||Harry Basil|
|Produced by||Brian Cleveland
|Written by||Brian Cleveland
October 16, 2006
Fingerprints is based on an urban legend out of San Antonio, Texas that centers around a school bus full of children that was involved in a terrible accident with a train leaving all the children dead. According to the legend, if a driver stops his or her car, in neutral, on the same stretch of tracks now, the ghosts of the children will push it to a safe area. Some of the townspeople in the film even claim to have discovered fingerprints on the back of their cars after being pushed off the tracks (The writers of this film grew up in Texas around a similar legend). The movie centers around a teenage girl, Melanie (Pipes), who has just finished rehab. She moves to her family's new home in the town of Emerald, where her father is a part of the crew constructing a highway over the old train tracks. Her sister, Crystal (Cavallari), tells her of the legend and she begins seeing the ghost of Julie, one of the dead children and becomes more and more involved in mysterious occurrences in the town.
- Leah Pipes as Melanie
- Kristin Cavallari as Crystal
- Michael Mendoza as Shawn
- Josh Henderson as Penn
- Sally Kirkland as Mary
- Andrew Lawrence as Mitch
- Geoffrey Lewis as Keeler
- Lou Diamond Phillips as Doug
- Ashley Wyatt as Carolyn
- Glen Jensen as Kowalski
1. Lawrence as Mitch - stabbed to death with spear by Mary
2. Ashley Wyatt as Carolyn - stabbed through the neck with spear by Mary
3. Lou Diamond Phillipsas Dr. Doug - stabbed to death with surgery tool by Mary
4. Geoffrey Lewis as Keeler - commits suicide by hanging himself after confessing the truth to Melanie' '
5. Josh Henderson as Penn - stabbed with spear through the back
Fingerprints was filmed in April and May 2006 in two Oklahoma towns. Parts of the film center around Emerald High School that Cavallari attends in the fictional town of Emerald, Texas. All of these scenes were filmed inside the historic Harding High School building in Oklahoma City. In addition, scenes were filmed in the Heritage Hills neighborhood of Oklahoma City (another historic area), along with various other sites in Oklahoma City. Parts of the movie were filmed in the Stone Lion Inn in the town of Guthrie, an old hotel that is said to be haunted. The scene at the Train Depot was also filmed in Guthrie, OK. The Police Department scene, including, the jail scene were filmed at the Guthrie Police Department.
Awards and nominations
- 2006 - New York City Horror Film Festival - Best Feature
- Wagner, Stephen. "The Haunted Railroad Crossing". Retrieved 17 May 2013.
- "San Antonio, Texas: Ghostly Gravity Hill". Retrieved 17 May 2013.
- "Ghost Children upon San Antonio's Railroad Tracks". Retrieved 17 May 2013.
- Mahan, Mrs. (2009-09-13). "Fingerprints (2006)". MovieFilmReview.com. Retrieved 2010-01-01.