Forza Motorsport 5
|Forza Motorsport 5|
|Developer(s)||Turn 10 Studios|
|Mode(s)||Single-player, split-screen, online multiplayer|
|Distribution||Optical disc, digital distribution|
Forza Motorsport 5 is a racing video game developed by Turn 10 Studios and published by Microsoft Studios for the Xbox One. The game was released on November 22, 2013 as launch title. The game was revealed on May 21, 2013 during the Xbox One reveal event. It features Jeremy Clarkson, James May, and Richard Hammond from Top Gear for the game's commentary when choosing a new event, championship, or league. It is the fifth installment in the Forza Motorsport series.
The game ships with 200 cars from over 50 manufacturers and 17 circuits including Spa, Bathurst, Yas Marina, and Circuit de la Sarthe. There will be monthly car packs including 10 cars each available to buy as downloadable content (DLC) for the first 12 months after the game's launch. The possibility of tracks, such as Nürburgring, being available to purchase as DLC after the game's launch was considered, but instead Turn 10 Studios has released new tracks as free content for users, including Road America in February 2014, Long Beach in April 2014 and the Nürburgring in June 2014.
At E3 2013, first-hand gameplay, new features, and cars in "Forza Vista" mode were shown. Also at the event, it was revealed that for the first time in the game's history there would be open-wheel cars including the Dallara DW12 IndyCar and Formula One cars. The McLaren M23 driven by James Hunt and the Ferrari 312T2 driven by Niki Lauda in the 1976 Formula One season. The Lotus E21 driven by Kimi Räikkönen and Romain Grosjean in the 2013 Formula One Season was also revealed on November 5.
|Forza Motorsport 5 (Original Soundtrack)|
|Soundtrack album by Lance Hayes & John Broomhall|
|Genre||Ambient electronica, Orchestral, Video game soundtrack|
In contrast to its predecessors, Forza Motorsport 5 contains no licensed songs from popular artists that play while racing, instead substituting them for the original score by Lance Hayes and John Broomhall. Also, in contrast with Forza Motorsport 4 and Forza Motorsport 3, the score features an emphasis on orchestration and percussion, in addition to the ambient electronica sound established in previous entries. The soundtrack was released alongside the game itself on November 22, 2013, exclusively as a digital download.
On February 18, 2014 Microsoft announced that Forza Motorsport 5 is the fastest-selling racing game in Xbox history. More than one third of Xbox One owners have bought the game. Eurogamer estimated the sales to be around 1.3 million copies.
On June 16, 2014 Forza Creative Director Dan Greenawalt announced that half of all Xbox One owners have played the full version of Forza Motorsport 5.
- "Xbox One Gets a Release Date and Price in Japan: Same as PS4 Without Kinect". DualShockers. Retrieved 7 August 2014.
- Kollar, Philip. "Forza Motorsport 5 in the works for Xbox One". Polygon.
- Schramm, Mike (May 21, 2013). "Microsoft announces Forza Motorsport 5, coming to the Xbox One". Joystiq. Retrieved May 21, 2013.
- Robinson, Martin. "Why Forza Motorsport 5 has fewer cars and tracks than Forza 4". Eurogamer.
- "Test Your Racing Mettle on Forza Motorsport 5's Nurburgring". news.xbox.com. Microsoft Corporation. June 9, 2014. Retrieved June 9, 2014.
- Lance Hayes, John Broomhall (November 22, 2013). "Forza Motorsport 5". iTunes. Retrieved January 24, 2014.
- "Forza Motorsport 5 for Xbox One". GameRankings. CBS Interactive. Retrieved December 6, 2013.
- "Forza Motorsport 5 for Xbox One Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved December 6, 2013.
- Edge Staff (November 20, 2013). "Forza Motorsport 5 review". Edge. Future Publishing. Retrieved November 20, 2013.
- Carsillo, Ray (November 20, 2013). "EGM Review: Forza Motorsport 5". EGM Media. Retrieved November 20, 2013.
- Robinson, Mark (November 20, 2013). "Forza Motorsport 5 review". Eurogamer.net. Retrieved November 20, 2013.
- Kato, Matthew (November 20, 2013). "Racing Ahead Only To Lag Behind". Game Informer. Retrieved November 20, 2013.
- Tarin, Donny (November 20, 2013). "Forza Motorsport 5 review". GamesRadar. Retrieved November 20, 2013.
- McInnis, Shaun (November 20, 2013). "Forza Motorsport 5 Review". GameSpot. Retrieved November 20, 2013.
- Reilly, Luke (November 20, 2013). "Forza Motorsport 5 Review". IGN. IGN Entertainment. Retrieved November 20, 2013.
- Lewis, Cameron (November 20, 2013). "Forza Motorsport 5 Xbox One review". Official Xbox Magazine. Retrieved November 20, 2013.
- Gies, Arthur (November 20, 2013). "Forza Motorsport 5 Review: Drive Angry". Polygon. Retrieved November 20, 2013.
- Yin-Poole, Wesley (18 February 2014). "Forza 5 fastest-selling racing game in Xbox history". Eurogamer. Gamer Network. Retrieved 19 February 2014.
- Reilly, Luke (16 June 2014). "Half of all Xbox One Owners Have Played Forza Motorsport 5". IGN. IGN Entertainment. Retrieved 15 July 2014.