Kadir with Valenciennes in 2011
|Full name||Foued Kadir|
|Date of birth||5 December 1983|
|Place of birth||Martigues, France|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
(on loan from Marseille)
|2013–2014||→ Rennes (loan)||13||(5)|
|2014–||→ Betis (loan)||21||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 20 January 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Foued Kadir (born 5 December 1983) is an Algerian football player who currently plays for Spanish club Real Betis, on loan from Marseille, and the Algeria national team. Kadir plays primarily as an attacking midfielder.
An Algerian international, Kadir was a member of the Algeria national team at the 2010 Africa Cup of Nations and the 2010 FIFA World Cup, both held in South Africa. As of October 2013, he has won 23 international caps and scored 2 goals.
Born in Martigues, Kadir began his career in the youth ranks of his hometown club, FC Martigues. At the age of 18, after numerous problems during his time with the club, he contemplated quitting football to become a police officer. After leaving the club, he played briefly for two amateur sides, AS Gignac and Stade Beaucairois, before joining Troyes' reserve team. After a season and a half with Troyes, he joined Championnat National side Cannes where he would spend the next three seasons.
Kadir was called up by Algeria at the Under-23 level for a training camp in France. He has been named in the preliminary squad for Algeria's 2010 World Cup campaign. On 28 May 2010, Kadir made his debut for the Algerian national team in a friendly against the Republic of Ireland.
- As of 15 June 2012
|1.||9 October 2011||Stade 5 Juillet 1962, Algiers, Algeria||Central African Republic||2–0||2012 Africa Cup of Nations qualification|
|2.||15 June 2012||Stade Mustapha Tchaker, Blida||Gambia||4–1||2013 Africa Cup of Nations qualification|
- FM (31 March 2012). "Foued Kadir : "J’ai toujours été à la disposition de la sélection"". DZFoot. Retrieved 27 December 2012.
- Conta, Benoit (11 December 2012). "Kadir, le "Zizou" de VA" (in French). Sports.fr. Retrieved 27 December 2012.
- Toufik O. (24 June 2007). "Amiens, Johnson signe, Kadir à l'essai" (in French). DZFoot. Retrieved 27 December 2012.
- Toufik O. (14 July 2009). "Kadir entre Valenciennes et Lens ?" (in French). DZFoot. Retrieved 27 December 2012.
- Abdel B. (24 July 2009). "Transferts : Foued Kadir à Valenciennes" (in French). DZFoot. Retrieved 27 December 2012.
- "Foued Kadir est Marseillais !". www.om.net. 2 January 2013. Retrieved 2 January 2013.
- "Officiel : Foued Kadir signe à l'OM !" (in French). Le Phocéen. 2 January 2012. Retrieved 2 January 2013.
- Foued Kadir : "J’ai toujours été à la disposition de la sélection"
- "Algeria name 25-man preliminary squad for the World Cup". BBC Sport. 4 May 2010.