François-Edouard Picot (10 October 1786 – 15 March 1868) was a French painter during the July Monarchy, painting mythological, religious and historical subjects.
He painted the The Crowning of the Virgin in the church of Notre-Dame-de-Lorette  and had large commissions for the Galerie des Batailles. He exhibited at the Paris Salon between 1819 and 1839. Elected to the Paris Academy in 1836, Picot was also created an officer of the Legion of Honor in 1832.
Picot died in Paris in 1868.
- L'Amour et Psyché (Cupid and Psyche, 1817)
- Portrait of Adélaïde-Sophie Cléret (c.1817)
- Portrait of Nicholas-Pierre Tiolier (c. 1817)
- The Annunciation
- The Death of Sapphira (1819) Church of Saint Séverin.
- Two ceilings in the Louvre (Musée des Antiques)
- Couronnement de la Vierge (The Crowning of the Virgin (Notre-Dame de Loretto)
- L'Etude et le Génie dévoilent l'antique Egypte à la Grèce (Study and Genius reveals ancient Egypt and Greece, 1827)
- Cybèle protège contre le Vésuve les villes de Stabiae, Herculanum, Pompéi et Résina (Cybele protects from Vesuvius the towns of Stabiae, Herculanum, Pompeii and Resina, 1832)
- Léda (1832)
- The Siege of Calais, (1838)
- Peste de Florence (Grenoble Museum)
His pupils include:
- Édouard Théophile Blanchard
- William-Adolphe Bouguereau
- Alexandre Cabanel
- Charles-Alexandre Coëssin de la Fosse
- Jean-Jacques Henner
- Louis Héctor Leroux
- Gustave Moreau
- Émile Lévy
- Léon Bazile Perrault
- Jules-Émile Saintin
- Jehan Georges Vibert
- Dictionnaire Historique de la France, Burt Franklin Bibliography and Reference Series, Volume II p. 1458
- Cyclopædia of Biblical, Theological, and Ecclesiastical Literature, by John McClintock, James Strong, p.186, published 1895, Harper & Brothers
- Letters of Gustave Courbet, Gustave Coubert, ISBN 0-226-11653-0, University of Chicago Press, 1992.
- Schools and Masters of Painting: With an Appendix on the Principal Galleries of Europe, p.439, by Alida Graveraet Radcliffe, published 1887, Appleton and company
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to François-Édouard Picot.|
|This article about a French painter born in the 18th century is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|