François-Henri Pinault (2011)
28 May 1962 |
|Occupation||Chairman of PPR
Co-Chair of the PPR Foundation
|Home town||Paris, France|
|Net worth||$15 Billion|
|Board member of||PPR,
Salma Hayek (m. 2009)Dorothée Lepère (? - 2004) (divorced)
François-Henri Pinault, (born Rennes, Brittany, France), is a French businessman and the chief executive officer of PPR. He is the son of the company's founder, businessman François Pinault. Often nicknamed ‘FHP’, he is also Director of Financière Pinault, as well as the President of Artémis' executive board. As of March 2013 he had a net worth of $15 billion according to Forbes magazine.28 May 1962 in
François-Henri Pinault graduated from HEC School of Management in 1985, and did his military service in the French Consulate Economic Expansion station in Los Angeles (United States), during which he was in charge of studying fashion and new technology sectors in the States.
Career in PPR 
He started his career in PPR in 1987. In 1988, he became the manager of the company’s buying department. In 1989, he became head manager of France Bois Industries, and then of Pinault Distribution in 1990.
In 1993, he was appointed CEO of CFAO (formerly Compagnie Française de l’Afrique Occidentale) a retail subsidiary of the Group in Africa and in the overseas territories, specialized in cars and medicine. In 1997, he became CEO of Fnac.
His hobby in computing led him to take an interest in the Internet’s expansion in the 1990s, and he decided to develop the Group’s Internet activities.
In February 2000, he became vice-president of the Internet branch of the Group, alongside Serge Weinberg, board president. He launched PPR Interactive, a structure dedicated to new technologies.
From January 2001 until March 2005, he was a member of the PPR Security Board. In May 2003, he was appointed vice-president of the board until March 2005.
Heading PPR 
In May 2003, François Pinault, his father, gave him the presidency of Artémis, as the controlling shareholder of the Group, founded in 1992. In March 2005, François-Henri Pinault became Chairman of the Board and CEO of PPR.
On 20 June 2007, he also became president of German sports retailer Puma’s Executive Committee, the newest Group acquisition. On 17 February 2011, François-Henri Pinault announced that he would head the luxury branch of PPR.
Other functions 
- Manager of Financière Pinault
- President of Artémis Executive Board
- President of Puma’s Supervisory Committee
- President and member of Gucci Group NV Supervisory Committee
- Vice-president of Boucheron’s Holding and CFAO Supervisory Committee
- Fnac SA, Soft Computing and Sapardis administrator
- Member of the Yves-Saint-Laurent SAS Supervisory Committee
- Member of the Chateau Latour winery SC Management Committee
- Board member Christie’s International Plc.
- President of Sowind Group’s Board Committee
- Administrator of Bouygues SA.
Personal life 
François-Henri Pinault was married to Dorothée Lepère until 2004; and they have two children François and Mathilde.
In April 2006 he began dating actress Salma Hayek. By March 2007 Hayek was pregnant and they became engaged in the same month. Their daughter Valentina Paloma was born on 21 September 2007. In July 2008 their relationship ended; however they reconciled later that Fall  and on 14 February 2009 in Paris, in the Sixth Arrondissement town hall they married. Two months later, on 25 April 2009, they repeated their wedding vows with family and friends in Venice.
Dating back from his student years, François-Henri Pinault has always been fascinated about the Web and new technologies. He founded the Electronic Business Group in 2000.
In April 2006, he was awarded Chevalier de l’Ordre National de la Légion d’Honneur.
Passionate about the Web and its potential, François-Henri Pinault founded PPR Interactive, and has developed the Group’s Internet’s activities for quite some time, in order to position PPR and its brands in the digital era.
The purchase of Puma in 2007, the selling of Conforama in 2011, as well as the announcement of the Group’s intention to sell Redcats Group ( La Redoute, Cyrillus, Vertbaudet) and Fnac in the future, all illustrate François-Henri Pinault’s will to reinforce PPR group in the luxury and ‘Sport & Lifestyle’ sectors.
During the annual financial results communication on 17 February 2011 François-Henri Pinault announced that he would head the Group’s luxury brands department.
On 2 June 2011, PPR acquired Californian brand Volcom in the latest step to bolster its ‘Sport & Lifestyle’ division.
Aware of the fashion market’s development and consumer trends, François-Henri Pinault has an optimistic view of the luxury sector future : ‘ I sincerely think that fashion has a brilliant future ahead, with five structuring key trends : hedonism comeback, community multiplication, the growing role of brands, the digital revolution and sustainability’.
PPR Foundation 
Main article : Fondation PPR.
In 2008, François-Henri Pinault launched PPR’s Corporate Foundation for Women’s Dignity and Rights, a part of PPR Home.
Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani 
In 2010, PPR’s Foundation invited people to sign a petition in favour of Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani’s freedom, after she was sentenced to death by stoning. Newspapers (Libération, Elle, La Repubblica, La Règle du jeu) united to publish a letter a day around Sakineh’s cause, which was either written by a celebrity or a reader. In this campaign, François-Henri Pinault wrote a letter for Sakineh entitled "Sakineh, we are standing by you".
Related article : Association européenne contre les leucodystrophies. François-Henri Pinault is a Supervisory Board member of ELA (a European NGO campaigning for research in leukodystrophy).
François-Henri Pinault took the initiative to support the Home movie by Yann Arthus-Bertrand, which was distributed on television and cinema in 2009 for free, and was seen by more than 400 million people around the world.
- Forbes Profile
- "Google Traduction" (in (French)). Translate.google.com. Retrieved 2012-06-25.
- PPR Press Release[dead link]
- Isabelle Duriez (2011-11-09). "François-Henri Pinault parle enfin de son fils Augustin" (in French). Elle. Retrieved 2012-05-05.
- http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20052361,00.html Salma Hayek Has Given Birth
- "Francois-Henri Pinault biography". Browse Biography. 2010-12-12. Retrieved 2012-05-05.
- http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20213381,00.html Salma Hayek Engagment Off
- http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20257364,00.html The two called off their engagement in July but remain a couple.
- Vicki Hyman/The Star-Ledger (2009-04-27). "Star-Ledger article on remarriage in Venice". Nj.com. Retrieved 2011-07-13.
- Sanderson, Rachel (2011-02-17). "Pinault takes Gucci helm in PPR overhaul". FT.com. Retrieved 2012-06-25.
- Pignal, Stanley (2011-05-03). "Volcom to bolster PPR’s portfolio". FT.com. Retrieved 2012-06-25.
- "FACT SHEET - Informations about the movie - Home - Un film de Yann Arthus-Bertrand". Homethemovie.org. Retrieved 2012-06-25.