Frederick Louis, Hereditary Grand Duke of Mecklenburg-Schwerin
||This article may be expanded with text translated from the corresponding article in the German Wikipedia. (June 2012)|
|Hereditary Grand Duke of Mecklenburg-Schwerin|
|Spouse||Grand Duchess Elena Pavlovna of Russia
Princess Caroline Louise of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach
|Issue||Paul Frederick, Grand Duke of Mecklenburg-Schwerin
Marie Louise, Duchess of Saxe-Altenburg
Helene, Duchess of Orléans
|House||House of Mecklenburg|
|Father||Frederick Francis I, Grand Duke of Mecklenburg-Schwerin|
|Mother||Princess Louise of Saxe-Gotha-Altenburg|
13 June 1778|
|Died||29 November 1819
Frederick Louis of Mecklenburg-Schwerin (13 June 1778 – 29 November 1819) was a hereditary prince of the Grand Duchy of Mecklenburg-Schwerin, one of the constituent states of the German Confederation. He was the son of Frederick Francis I, Grand Duke of Mecklenburg-Schwerin, and of Princess Louise of Saxe-Gotha-Altenburg.
Marriage and issue
- Paul Frederick of Mecklenburg-Schwerin (1800-1842) Grand Duke of Mecklenburg-Schwerin, who in 1822 married Princess Alexandrine of Prussia (1803-1892)
- Marie of Mecklenburg-Schwerin (1803-1862), who in 1825 married Georg, Duke of Saxe-Altenburg.
On Elena's death, in 1810 he married Princess Caroline Louise of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach, daughter of Charles Augustus, Grand Duke of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach. They had 3 children:
- Albert of Mecklenburg-Schwerin (1812-1834)
- Hélène of Mecklenburg-Schwerin (1814-1858), who in 1837 married Prince Ferdinand Philippe, Duke of Orléans (1810-1842) eldest son of Louis Philippe I, King of the French
- Magnus of Mecklenburg-Schwerin (1815-1816)
After Caroline's death in 1816, he remarried in 1818 to Landgravine Augusta of Hesse-Homburg.
Among Friedrich Louis's descendants are the King of the Netherlands, the Queen of Denmark, the Queen of Greece, the King of Spain, the Queen of Romania, the Count of Paris, the Duke of Parma, the Hereditary Prince of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg, the Grand Duchess of Russia and the Prince of Prussia.
- (French) Hélène de Mecklembourg-Schwerin; Madame la duchesse d'Orléans; Nouvelle édition. Paris: Michel Lévy, 1859. DC 269 .O7 M34 1859