|This article relies on references to primary sources. (September 2012)|
||This article has been nominated to be checked for its neutrality. (September 2012)|
|Owner(s)||David Horowitz Freedom Center|
|Managing editors||Jamie Glazov|
|Headquarters||Sherman Oaks, California|
|Circulation||500,000 readers per month (2006)|
FrontPage Magazine (also known as FrontPageMag.com) is an online political magazine, edited by David Horowitz and published by the David Horowitz Freedom Center (DHFC; formerly, the Center for the Study of Popular Culture), a non-profit organization in Los Angeles, California. In October 2013 it had an Alexa ranking of 5,194.
FPM Man of the Year
On January 1, 2007, FrontPage Magazine named Ignacio Ramos and Jose Compean its 2006 "People Of The Year 2006". The two United States Border Patrol agents shot drug smuggler Osvaldo Aldrete-Davila in the buttocks near the US–Mexico border and were convicted of assault with serious bodily injury, assault with a deadly weapon, discharge of a firearm in relation to a crime of violence, violating the civil rights of an illegal alien, and obstruction of justice "for not reporting that their weapons had been fired". They had been sentenced to 11 years and 1 day and 12 years imprisonment, respectively, and were subsequently incarcerated. FrontPage Magazine considered them guilty only of "bureaucratic infractions"; "these men have lost their money, their reputations, and (perhaps soon) their freedom trying to protect our nation. For that, they deserve our thanks."
FPM's 2003 "Man of the Year" was Colonel Allen B. West, former commander of the 2nd Battalion, 20th Field Artillery Regiment, 4th Infantry Division, who had been punished with a $5,000 fine and allowed to retire in grade as a lieutenant colonel after being charged with mistreatment of an Iraqi prisoner. The magazine said that West "did what was necessary to keep the troops committed to his charge from becoming the latest headline detailing the Fedayeen's postwar sabotage".
Notable editors, columnists, and contributors
- "Frontpagemag.com Site Info". Alexa.com. Retrieved 2014-03-10.
- "Frontpage’s Man of the Year: The Wounded Warrior | FrontPage Magazine". Frontpagemag.com. 2011-12-29. Retrieved 2014-03-10.
- "FrontPage’s Person of the Year: The Tea Party | FrontPage Magazine". Frontpagemag.com. 2010-12-31. Retrieved 2014-03-10.
- David Forsmark (2010-01-04). "Frontpage’s Man of the Year: Glenn Beck – by David Forsmark | FrontPage Magazine". Frontpagemag.com. Retrieved 2014-03-10.
- "People of the Year: Ignacio Ramos and Jose Compean". FrontPage Magazine. 2007-01-01. Retrieved 2007-02-06.
- "Family seeks support for border agent; Ignacio Ramos serving 11-year sentence after wounding smuggler". North County Times. 2007-08-01. Retrieved 2007-09-18.
- Johnson, Ben (2004-12-31). "Man of the Year: John O'Neill". FrontPage Magazine. Retrieved 2011-12-26.
- Johnson, Ben (2004-01-02). "FrontPage Magazine's Man of the Year: Col. Allen B. West". FrontPage Magazine. Retrieved 2007-09-18.
- [dead link]
- "FrontPage Magazine - Stephen Schwartz". Archive.frontpagemag.com. Retrieved 2014-03-10.