Game Design Workshop
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for books. (July 2014)|
3rd Edition cover art
|Publisher||AK Peters/CRC Press|
Game Design Workshop, 3rd Edition: A Playcentric Approach to Creating Innovative Games is a book on game design by Tracy Fullerton, originally published by CMP Books in 2004. It has been updated and released in two subsequent editions, the latest by AK Peters/CRC Press in 2014.
The book is based on the core game design curriculum taught at the USC Interactive Media & Games Division of the USC School of Cinematic Arts. Contributors to the third edition include many notable game designers, including: Christina Norman, Keita Takahashi, Anna Anthropy, Randy Smith, Robin Hunicke, Michael John, Asher Vollmer, Elan Lee, Jane McGonigal, Tim LeTourneau, Chaim Gingold, Jenova Chen, Richard Lemarchand, Eric Zimmerman, Frank Lantz, Adrian Hon, Stone Librande, Warren Spector, Kellee Santiago, among others.
- Four Must Have Books for Learning Game Designers
- Best Video Game Design Books
- Popular Game Design Books
- Basic Introduction to Game Design syllabus
- Game Design syllabus
- Game Design Workshop syllabus
- Video Game Design and Architecture syllabus
- Game Design and Development syllabus