|Born||August 15, 1926
Decorah, Iowa, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Stanley Prager (1954-1972; his death); 4 daughters
Jack Tenner (1981-2008; his death)
The tall, statuesque Johnson was born in Decorah, Iowa to George and Helen Johnson. She attended Decorah High School, Luther College and Northwestern University before becoming an actress in 1952. She appeared in films, on stage and on television.
She may be best known as Elizabeth Quinn, mother of the title character of Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman, the compassionate Ellen Bishop Grant on the soap opera, Somerset; or as Charlotte O'Neill, mother of the title character in The Trials of Rosie O'Neill (played by Sharon Gless). The twice widowed actress is in retirement.
- Jack Tenner (September 6, 1981 – October 13, 2008; his death)
- Stanley Prager (July 31, 1954 – January 18, 1972; his death); 4 daughters
- Georgann Johnson profile, "Movies & TV", New York Times, February 2, 2013; accessed March 15, 2014.
- Georgann Johnson at the Internet Movie Database
- IMDb profile; accessed March 19, 2014.