George Freeman (guitarist)
George Freeman is an American jazz guitarist. He was born on Apr 10, 1927 in Chicago, Illinois.
By mid-1947, Freeman was a member of a sextet led by Johnny Griffin and Joe Morris and supporting touring musicians such as Lester Young and Charlie Parker. He recorded with Parker for the Savoy label.
Other musicians he has worked with include Ben Webster, Illinois Jacquet, Sonny Stitt, Sonny Criss, Charles Earland, Jimmy McGriff, Les McCann, Eldee Young, Harold Mabern, Kenny Barron, Bob Cranshaw, Buddy Williams, Kurt Elling, Red Holloway, Corey Wilkes, and the Deep Blue Organ Trio.
- Birth Sign (Delmark Records, 1969)
- Introducing George Freeman Live With Charlie Earland Sitting In (Giant Step, 1971)
- Franticdiagnosis (Bam-Boo, 1972)
- New Improved Funk (Groove Merchant, 1972)
- Man and Woman (Groove Merchant, 1974)
- All in the Game (LRC Records, 1977)
- Rebellion (Southport Records, 1995)
- George Burns (Orchard Records, 1999)
- At Long Last George (Savant Records, 2001)
With Gene Ammons
With Shirley Scott
- Mystical Lady (Cadet, 1971)