Goin' Back to Indiana was a live/soundtrack album by The Jackson 5 for Motown Records, taken from their September 16, 1971 ABC TV special of the same name. This is the Jackson 5's sixth album overall.
The Goin' Back to Indiana television special featured comedians Bill Cosby and Tommy Smothers, singers Bobby Darin and Diana Ross, football players Roosevelt "Rosey" Grier, and Ben Davidson, and basketball stars Bill Russell, Elgin Baylor, and Elvin Hayes. It also featured tracks recorded by the Jackson 5 during their May 29 "homecoming" concert in Gary, Indiana (hence, both the show title and name of 1970 song that appeared on Third Album). The album went on to sell 2.6 million copies worldwide.
- "I Want You Back" (The Corporation) – 4:14
- "Maybe Tomorrow" (The Corporation) – 4:15
- "The Day Basketball Was Saved" – 7:59
- "Stand!" (Sylvester Stewart) – 4:15
- "I Want to Take You Higher" (Sylvester Stewart) – 2:13
- "Feelin' Alright" (originally by Traffic) (Dave Mason) – 4:12
- Medley: "Walk On" (this version originally by Isaac Hayes)/"The Love You Save" (The Corporation) – 4:57
- "Goin' Back to Indiana" (The Corporation) – 4:47
The original show was cut short and edited to where they only used half of the show. The following listed is the full set for the show. The songs in italics was not included on the original album.
- I Want to Take You Higher
- I Want You Back
- Feelin' Alright
- Who's Lovin' You
- Mama's Pearl
- I Found That Girl
- Never Can Say Goodbye
- Walk On
- The Love You Save
- Goin' Back to Indiana
- ^ Allmusic review
- ^ Chery, Carl: XXL: Michael Jackson Special Collecters Edition, page 100. American Press.