Government-to-Business (abbreviated G2B) is the online non-commercial interaction between local and central government and the commercial business sector, rather than private individuals (G2C), with the purpose of providing businesses information and advice on e-business 'best practices'.
- 1 Objective
- 2 Role of Government in Business
- 3 The benefit for business from G2B
- 4 The disadvantages of G2B
- 5 Examples of Government-to-business
- 6 Government to business in UK
- 7 Difference between G2B and B2G
- 8 See also
- 9 External links
- 10 References
The objective of G2B is to reduce difficulties for business, provide immediate information and enable digital communication by e-business (XML).In addition, the government should re-use the data in the report proper, and take advantage of commercial electronic transaction protocol.Government services are concentrated to the following groups: human services; community Services; judicial services; transport services; land resources; business services; financial Services and other.Each of the components listed above for each cluster of related services to the enterprise.
- Protecting the consumer
For example,if the consumers are harmed by a good, the court will be responsible for retail or manufacturer.
As for food, they have to be displayed by nutritional content. The US has been progress in the interests of consumers for decades. However, the consumer movement also requires considerable development in order to protect the public.
- Protect the rights of employees
ie.The Occupational Health and Safety Administration,its duty is to make sure the healthy and safe working condition.
- Regulate industry
When a third party affected by a market transaction - other people not in purchasers and marketer,it is called externality effects. The third party is often the environment.So,government can protect employees,employers and consumers from environmental externalities by regulate industry.
Lower business cost
E-government reduce costs, carry out all companies to interact with the government.Electronic trading saves time compared to human doing business.No need for driving to government and no waiting time.If the transaction is not completed, you can use the mouse to click on the return trip rather than drive to the office.As more and more companies are doing online conduct government business, and their transaction costs will be reduced.More technology and less workers needed reduce the business cost.
improved access to information
E-Government provides a greater amount of information that business needed,also it makes those information more clear.A key factor in business success is the ability to plan for the future. Planning and forecasting through data-driven future.The government collected a lot of economic, demographic and other trends in the data. This makes the data more accessible to companies which may increase the chance of economic prosperity.
In addition, E-Government can help businesses navigate through government regulations by providing an intuitive site organization with a wealth of useful applications.The electronic filings of applications for environmental permits gives an example of it.Companies often do not know how, when, and they must apply. Therefore failure to comply with environmental regulations up to 70%, a staggering figure most likely to confusion about the requirements, rather than the product of willful disregard of the law.
The disadvantages of G2B
Lack of equality
The government should concern that not all people are able to access to the internet to gain on-line government services.The network reliability, as well as information on government bodies can influence public opinion and prejudice hidden agenda.There are many considerations and implementation, designing e-government, including the potential impact of government and citizens of disintermediation, the impact on economic, social and political factors, vulnerable to cyber attacks,and disturbances to the status quo in these areas.
G2B rises the connection between government and businesses.Once the e-government began to develop, become more sophisticated, people will be forced to interact with e-government in the larger area.This may result in a lack of privacy for businesses as their government get their more and more information.In the worst case, there is so much information in the electron transfer between the government and business,a system which is like totalitarian could be developed.As government can access more information, the loss privacy could be a cost.
The government site does not consider about "potential to reach many users including those who live in remote areas, are homebound, have low literacy levels, exist on poverty line incomes."
- e-Tender Box (ETB) system
ETB system was developed by Government Logistics Department (GLD) to replace Electronic Tendering System.Users can use ETB system to download the resources and gain the service from the GLD.
- e-Procurement Programme
e-Procurement Programme provide a simple, convenient on-line ways for suppliers of the participating bureaux/departments (B/Ds) and suppliers of Government Logistics Department and agree to provide the low-valued goods and service.
Government to business in UK
- Finance and support for your business
UK Government provide the on-line financial help for business including grants,loans,business guide,what's more,it also offer the funding for the sunrise businesses(just start) or small scale firms.
G2B:Refers to the conduction through the Internet between government agencies and trading companies. B2G:Professional transactions between the company and the district, city, or federal regulatory agencies. B2G usually include recommendations to complete the measurement and evaluation of books and contracts.
Department for Business, Innovation and Skills]], United Kingdom.
Business to Government
- Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS), United Kingdom, official website
- G2B portal of the Government of Perm Region, Russia, official website
- IGI-GLOBAL What is Government-to-Business (G2B) Retrieved 27 OCT.2014
- Bakry, S. H. “Development of e-government: a STOPE view.” International Journal of Network Management. 2004, 14(5), 339-350.
- Role of Government in Business Steve Greechie, Demand Media Retrieved 27 OCT.2014
- The Benefits of E-Government Retrieved 27 OCT.2014 
- According to an Environmental Results Program (ERP) study conducted in 1997 covering 2,000 (of 16,000 total) businesses.
- Atkinson, Robert D.; Castro, Daniel (2008). Digital Quality of Life (PDF). The Information Technology and Innovation Foundation. pp. 137–145.
- Lyman, Jay (2006-02-01). "AT&T Sued for Role in Aiding US Government Surveillance". TechNewsWorld. Retrieved 2009-02-28.
- Singel, Ryan (2007-08-06). "Analysis: New Law Gives Government Six Months to Turn Internet and Phone Systems into Permanent Spying Architecture". Wired. Retrieved 2008-02-28.
- Becker, Shirley A. PhD. "Bridging Literacy, Language, and Cultural Divides to Promote Universal Usability of E-Government Websites". Northern Arizona University. Retrieved 2009-03-03.
- Retrieved 27 OCT.2014 Selling to the Government
- e-Tender Box (ETB) system  Retrieved 27 OCT.2014
- e-Procurement Programme Retrieved 27 OCT.2014]
- Finance and support for your business Retrieved 27 OCT.2014
- E-Governance Retrieved 27 OCT.2014 
- Business to Government
|This World Wide Web–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|