Guido Sacconi (born on 23 June 1948 in Udine) is an Italian politician and Member of the European Parliament for the Central region with the Democrats of the Left (DS), part of the Socialist Group, and sits on the European Parliament's Committee on the Environment, Public Health and Food Safety.
He is a substitute for the Committee on Agriculture and Rural Development, a member of the Delegation for relations with the People's Republic of China and a substitute for the Delegation for relations with the countries of South-east Europe.
- 1967: Studied philosophy at the University of Florence
- 1972: Responsible for the research office at the Chamber of Labour of Florence
- Member of the Provincial Secretariat (1975) and then General Secretary (1978) of FIOM CGIL (Federazione Impiegati Operai Metallurgici)
- 1990: General Secretary of the Chamber of Labour of Florence
- until 1992: Regional Secretary of CGIL for Tuscany
- since 1992: Regional Secretary of the Democratic Party of the Left - Tuscany
- Member (1995) and then Vice-Chairman (1998) of the Regional Council of Tuscany
- 1995-1998: Secretary of the PDS Florentine Metropolitan Union
- since 1999: Member of the European Parliament
- Member of the delegation from the European Parliament to the Earth Summit 2002 (in Johannesburg), and to the Ninth Conference of the Parties to the UN Framework
- Official website of Guido Sacconi: www.guidosacconi.it
- European Parliament biography of Guido Sacconi (incl. Speeches, Questions and Motions)
- Declaration (PDF) of financial interests (Italian)
|This article about a Member of the European Parliament from Italy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|