HC Fribourg-Gottéron SA 1959-present
|Based in||Fribourg, Switzerland|
|Captain|| Shawn Heins (home)
Sandy Jeannin (away)
HC Fribourg-Gottéron is a professional ice hockey team based in Fribourg, Switzerland, which competes in National League A. The team is the fourth most attended team in Switzerland for the 2013/14 season with 6,570 spectators. The team played more than 20 home games in front of a sellout crowd over the course of the 2013/14 season, filling the 6,700-seat BCF Arena.
The club was originally started as HC Gottéron by the citizens of the town of Auge in 1938. They competed on an outdoor rink, most notably at Les Augustins, until 1982 when Patinoire St-Léonard was constructed.
In 1980, the name HC Fribourg-Gottéron was adopted upon promotion into National League A. In spite of the club's financial struggles for the better part of their existence in the NLA, they managed to reach the league's championship finals three years in a row (1992–94), but have never won a championship in their long history.
The team was saved from bankruptcy in 2006.
The team has never won a NLA Championship .
- National League A (5): 1983, 1992, 1993, 1994, 2013
- "Internet extract from the Register of commerce of Fribourg Canton".
- "Spectateurs qualification". www.nationalleague.ch. Retrieved 2014-03-19.
- "Fribourg-Gottéron Club Histoire". www.gotteron.ch. Retrieved 2010-08-26.
- "Équipe 2014/2015" (in French). www.gotteron.ch. Retrieved 2014-08-11.
- "Mannschaft 2014/2015" (in German). www.gotteron.ch. Retrieved 2014-08-11.