|Native name||حمید سوریان ریحانپور|
|Full name||Hamid Sourian Reihanpour|
August 24, 1985 |
|Height||1.69 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|Weight||55 kg (121 lb)|
|Club||Babak Rey Wrestling Club|
Hamid Sourian Reihanpour (Persian: حمید سوریان ریحانپور, born August 24, 1985 in Rey, Iran) is an Iranian wrestler, He is a five-time world champion in Greco-Roman wrestling. Sourian amazingly won both the Junior World Championships and Senior World Championships in 2005. He is also 2007 and 2008 Asian gold medalist. Sourian won the gold medal in the 55 kg Greco-Roman competition at the 2012 Summer Olympics.
Sourian was a strong favorite to win the gold medal at 55 kg in the 2008 Beijing Olympics, but was upset in the quarterfinals by eventual gold medalist Nazyr Mankiev of Russia. Sourian was defeated in the bronze medal match by South Korea's Park Eun-Chul, Sourian had beaten Park in two different world championship finals prior to this Bronze medal match. In both his losses, he lost on tie-breaker criteria.
Summer Olympics 2012
- 2005 World Championship – Gold medal
- 2006 World Championship – Gold medal
- 2007 World Championship – Gold medal
- Round 1: Defeated Shane Parker (AUS), 2–0 (5–0, 8–1)
- Round 2: Defeated Anders Nyblom (DEN), 2–0 (2–1, 4–0)
- Round 3: Defeated Lindsey Durlacher (USA), 2–0 (4–0, 6–0)
- Round 4: Defeated Virgil Munteanu (ROU), 2–0 (4–3, 2–2)
- Semifinal: Defeated Kristijan Fris (SRB), 2–0 (3–0, 1–1)
- Final: Defeated Park Eun-Chul (KOR), 2–1 (1–1, 3–0, 4–0)
- 2008 Olympics – 5th place
- 2009 World Championship – Gold medal
- 2010 World Championship – Gold medal
- 2012 Olympics – Gold medal
- Hamid Mohammad Soryan Reihanpour
- "London 2012 Wrestling: Iran’s Hamid Sourian Claimed Gold Medal in Men’s 55kg Greco-Roman". Kabir News. Retrieved 2012-08-06.
- "London Olympics: Iran's Reihanpour wins Greco-Roman 55kg wrestling gold". Retrieved 06-08-2012.
|Iran Sportsperson of the year