||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (March 2012)|
|Born||Hardie Hunter Albrecht
December 16, 1903
Charleroi, Pennsylvania, U.S.
|Died||December 7, 1975
Mission Viejo, California, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Arnita Wallace (1944-1975)
Martha Sleeper (1934-1940)
Hardie Albright (December 16, 1903 – December 7, 1975) was an American actor.
Born Hardie Hunter Albrecht to traveling vaudeville performers, he made his stage debut in one of his parents' acts at the age of seven.
Albright was playing the juvenile lead on the stage in The Greeks when a scout from the Fox Company saw him. He was given a contract and headed for Hollywood. An alumnus of Carnegie Tech, Albright made his film debut in 1931 in John G. Blystone's Young Sinners and appeared in numerous films. He provided the (uncredited) voice of the adolescent Bambi in the Disney film of the same name. He also became a noted Broadway actor.
He retired from film acting in 1948 and became a drama instructor at theUniversity of Southern California, writing several books on acting and directing during his time there.
On December 7, 1975, just nine days shy of his 72nd birthday, Albright died from congestive heart failure in Mission Viejo, California. He was survived by his daughter Victoria from his first marriage to wife Martha Sleeper.
- Young Sinners (1931)
- Hush Money (1931)
- So Big (1932)
- The Purchase Price (1932)
- Jewel Robbery (1932)
- A Successful Calamity (1932)
- The Cabin in the Cotton (1932)
- The Crash (1932)
- The Match King (1932)
- The Working Man (1933)
- The Song of Songs (1933)
- Three-Cornered Moon (1933)
- The House on 56th Street (1933)
- The Ninth Guest (1934)
- The Scarlet Letter (1934)
- The Silver Streak (1934)
- Sing Sing Nights (1934)
- Women Must Dress (1935)
- Calm Yourself (1935)
- Red Salute (1935)
- Granny Get Your Gun (1940)
- Ski Patrol (1940)
- Carolina Moon (1940)
- Captains of the Clouds (1942)
- The Mad Doctor of Market Street (1942)
- The Pride of the Yankees (1942)
- Bambi (1942) (uncredited voice)
- Army Wives (1944)
- Mom and Dad (1945)
- The Jade Mask (1945)
- Sunset in El Dorado (1945)
- Captain Tugboat Annie (1945)
- Angel on My Shoulder (1946)
- Hardie Albright at the Internet Movie Database
- Hardie Albright at the Internet Broadway Database
- Hardie Albright at AllMovie
|This article about a United States film and television actor or actress born in the 1900s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an American theatre actor born in the 1900s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|