HeavyMetal is a series of commercial available software titles that are official licensed products designed to complement (Classic) BattleTech, a board game of futuristic combat produced by Catalyst Game Labs. The software, developed by designer Rick Raisley and published by RCW Enterprises, assists the creation of custom units and maps, as well as providing official units, for use in the game.
- HeavyMetal Pro, an application for designing BattleMechs, the predominant unit in BattleTech.
- HeavyMetal Vee, for designing ground vehicles and naval units. Also able to create VTOL aircraft (helicopters).
- HeavyMetal Lite, for designing ProtoMechs and printing record sheets for BattleArmor and infantry units.
- HeavyMetal Aero, for designing spacecraft, aerospace units and conventional aircraft.
- HeavyMetal Battle Armor, for designing BattleArmor units.
- HeavyMetal Map, for creating printed, hex-based game maps.
An omnibus title, HeavyMetal Plus, includes Pro, Vee, Lite and the Random Unit Selector.
- Artillery Resolution Tracker
- Random Unit Selector
Various datafiles and program updates are also freely available for download.