ISIPCA (Institut supérieur international du parfum, de la cosmétique et de l'aromatique alimentaire) is a school for post-graduate studies in perfume, cosmetics products and food flavor formulation, with an apprenticeship period in the industry. It was originally founded in 1970 by Jean-Jacques Guerlain as ISIP (Institut supérieur international du parfum). It became Groupe ISIPCA in 1984 when the CCIV (Chambre de commerce et d'industrie de Versailles-Val-d'Oise-Yvelines) backed up and sponsored the school with significant capital
Since 2004, ISIPCA and UVSQ (University of Versailles) have established a partnership in order to offer postgraduate programmes (Bachelor Degree Diplomas and Professional Masters) in perfumery, cosmetics and food flavoring.
Joined with the school is the Osmothèque, a perfume archive that research ancient perfumes, and reconstructs fragrances whose formulas have been lost.
The facilities are a mix of renovated ancient buildings, protected by Historic Landmark status, and contemporary architecture by parisian architects Philippe Ameller and Jacques Dubois (2004).
- (French) CCIV: Chambre de Commerce et d'Industrie de Versailles Val d'Oise/Yvelines
- (French) UVSQ: University of Versailles Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines
- (French) SFP: Société Française des Parfumeurs
- (French) AEAE-ISIPCA: Association of the students and former students of the International Superior Institute of Perfume, Cosmetics and Flavor.
- (French) Ameller Dubois & Associates: Architects of the ISIPCA
|This French school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|