Independence Party of America
|Independence Party of America|
|Founded||September 23, 2007|
The Independence Party of America (IPA) was a political party in the United States, founded on September 23, 2007 by activists from the Independence Party of New York. Its former National Chairman was Frank MacKay. Dean Barkley, a former United States Senator and Independence Party activist, agreed to play an advisory role with the new party.
The Independence Party of Minnesota voted to affiliate with the new national party at its state convention on January 26, 2008, though it later disafilliated. The Reform Party of Pennsylvania affiliated on October 22, 2007 and the Independent Green Party of Virginia affiliated on January 10, 2008.
The party's website was defunct in April 2013.
- http://www.midhudsonnews.com/News/IndParAm-24Sep07.html[dead link]
- Spin Cycle: Independence Party Archives[dead link]
- Ballot Access News » Blog Archive » Virginia Independent Green Party Affiliates with Independence Party
- Ballot Access News » Blog Archive » Pennsylvania Reform Party Affiliates with new national Independence Party
- Independence Party of America, Bloomberg for President[dead link]
|This article about a United States political party is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|