Infinite Crisis (video game)
|Publisher(s)||Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment|
|Release date(s)||TBA (Currently in Open Beta)|
|Genre(s)||Multiplayer online battle arena|
Infinite Crisis is an upcoming free-to-play multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) video game based on the fictional universe of DC Comics (DC Universe). Developed by Turbine and published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, the game is set to launch in late 2014. It will be Turbine's first original title since the company's purchase by Warner Brothers in 2010, and the first non-MMORPG game produced by the studio.
Infinite Crisis began closed beta testing in May 8, 2013. The game went into Open beta on March 14, 2014. The team plans on continually introducing new heroes and villains from the multiverse as well as added in new maps and game modes even as the game is fully released.
When a sudden assault threatens the DC Multiverse where it would have it stand on the brink of destruction, the only hope to combat it is within the different heroes and villains.
- Blue Beetle
- Catwoman of Gaslight Earth
- Green Arrow
- Green Lantern
- Harley Quinn
- Joker of Gaslight Earth
- Poison Ivy
- Poison Ivy of Atomic Earth
- Star Sapphire
- Wonder Woman
The following universes are featured in this game:
- Prime Earth (Earth-0): This world is the keystone that the Multiverse resides on.
- Arcane Earth (Earth-13): A world where the Shadow League (a group of twisted sorcerers) lusted for control over Earth where one of their plans ended up extinguishing their sun. Even though the sun was reignited, the Earth was forever altered by the magic that is loose on Earth.
- Atomic Earth (Earth-17): A world where atomic attacks during the Cold War have vaporized 97% of all life on Earth. Although the survivors hoped that the Earth would heal, their scars from the war wouldn't.
- Gaslight Earth (Earth-19): A Victorian Era-themed world where society was revolutionized through steam technology.
- Mecha Earth (Earth-44): A technology-enhanced world where there were no heroes until a group of scientists called the Justice Consortium created them.
- Nightmare Earth (Earth-43): A world in which heroes and villains were twisted into monsters.
|This DC Comics–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This video game article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|