Inversion (video game)
|Publisher(s)||Namco Bandai Games|
|Engine||Saber3D engine v.S4 with Havok physics|
|Release date(s)||PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360
NA June 5, 2012
AU July 12, 2012
EU July 13, 2012
EU June 8, 2012
AU July 12, 2012
NA July 26, 2012 (Steam)
Inversion is a third-person shooter video game developed by Saber Interactive and published by Namco Bandai Games for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. It was released on June 5, 2012 in North America, July 12, 2012 in Australia and on July 13, 2012 in Europe for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. It was later released for Microsoft Windows on June 8, 2012 in Europe, July 12, 2012 in Australia and July 26, 2012 in North America. It features gravity manipulation and destructible environments.
Set in the near future city called, Vanguard City, you control the character Davis Russel. The tranquil peace enjoyed by mankind shatters with an unforeseen invasion by an unknown enemy called the Lutadore. Armed to the teeth with advanced gravity-controlling weapons, the Lutadore easily overrun the city's defenses. Unbeknownst to all, mysterious anomalies have surfaced in conjunction with the invasion. Random regions in the city have entered zero gravity or have suffered vector changes, throwing the world into topsy-turvy chaos. Assuming the role of Davis Russel, a hotheaded 28-year-old cop, or Leo Delgado, Davis' partner, players will embark on a journey through the war ravaged gravity twisted disorienting streets of their home town and beyond, to find Davis' missing child.
Inversion received mixed reviews from critics. Aggregating review websites GameRankings and Metacritic gave the PlayStation 3 version 58.53% and 56/100, the PC version 57.67% and 59/100 and the Xbox 360 version 54.29% and 53/100.
- Hussain, Tamoor. "European Inversion release date confirmed". CVG UK.
- "Check out this read...". Facebook. June 15, 2011. Retrieved September 16, 2011.
- "Inversion (PlayStation 3)". GameRankings. Retrieved 2012-12-04.
- "Inversion for PlayStation 3 Reviews, Ratings, Credits, and More". Metacritic. Retrieved 2012-12-04.
- "Inversion (PC)". GameRankings. Retrieved 2012-12-04.
- "Inversion for PC Reviews, Ratings, Credits, and More". Metacritic. Retrieved 2012-12-04.
- "Inversion (Xbox 360)". GameRankings. Retrieved 2012-12-04.
- "Inversion for Xbox 360 Reviews, Ratings, Credits, and More". Metacritic. Retrieved 2012-12-04.
|This third-person shooter video game article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|