|Owner(s)||Landmark Media Investments|
|Headquarters||Lapp's Quay, Cork|
The Irish Examiner, formerly The Cork Examiner and then The Examiner, is an Irish national daily newspaper which primarily circulates in the Munster region surrounding its base in Cork, though it is available throughout the country. Its main national rivals are The Irish Times, and the Irish Independent.
Though originally appearing under The Cork Examiner title, it has re-branded in recent years to The Examiner, and subsequently The Irish Examiner to appeal to a more national readership.
As of 2004[update], its Chief Executive is Thomas J. Murphy, and its editor is Tim Vaughan. The newspaper was based at Academy Street, Cork for over a century, before moving to new offices at Lapp's Quay, Cork in early November 2006.
According to the Audit Bureau of Circulations, Ireland, the average daily circulation was down to 40,245 for the period January to June 2012. This represented falling circulation of 7% on a year-on-year basis.
Circulation then further declined to 39,555 for the period July to December 2012. This represented a fall in circulation of 6% on a year-on-year basis.
Circulation then further declined to 37,009 for the period July to December 2013.
Circulation then further declined to 35,028 for the period January to June 2014.
- Ireland in the Nineteenth Century by Leon Litvack, Glenn Hooper.Four Courts Press, 2000.(pg.38)
- "After the war, Bishop Fogarty of Killaloe complained that only the Irish Independent and the Cork Examiner had given Franco "unflinching and unequivocal support"". Fearghal McGarry, "Irish Newspapers and the Spanish Civil War", Irish Historical Studies, Vol. 33, No. 129 (May 2002), p. 83
- "Receiver appointed to publisher of Irish Examiner - RTÉ News". Rte.ie. 6 March 2013. Retrieved 30 March 2014.
- Europa World Year Book 2004.Taylor & Francis Group,2004. (See section "Ireland-The Press",pg. 2223)
- Conor Doyle. "Irish Morning Newspaper ABC Circulations, Jan-June 2012 - SEO Ireland, Search Engine Optimisation, Media and Marketing Consulting". Ilevel.ie. Retrieved 30 March 2014.
- Conor Doyle (21 February 2013). "Morning Newspapers ABC July-Dec 2012 - SEO Ireland, Search Engine Optimisation, Media and Marketing Consulting". Ilevel.ie. Retrieved 30 March 2014.
- Irish Media: A Critical History Since 1922 By John Horgan. Routledge, 2001.
- 'Remember When - Pictures from the Irish Examiner Archive, 2010 Collins Press