Sigler in New York City, November 2007
May 15, 1981 |
Jericho, New York, U.S.
A. J. DiScala (2003–2006; divorced);Cutter Dykstra (2010-present; engaged)
Early life 
Jamie-Lynn Sigler was born in Jericho, New York, on Long Island, to Steve and Connie Sigler; she has two brothers, Brian and Adam. Her father, the founder of a national amateur baseball league, is of Greek Sephardic Jewish and Romanian Ashkenazi Jewish descent, while her Cuba-born mother was born Catholic and converted to Judaism when marrying Sigler's father. Sigler began acting and singing at age 7. She attended Jericho High School. Sigler also studied at the Cultural Arts Playhouse in Old Bethpage.
In 1997, she was cast as the precocious Meadow Soprano, daughter of New Jersey mob boss Tony Soprano. The show premiered in 1999 and became a huge success, with Sigler rising to fame as a TV actress. She continued to play the role until 2007.
In 2000, while filming Campfire Stories in Hamburg, New Jersey, Sigler was paralyzed from the waist down for several days having contracted Lyme disease. Sigler played the title role in Cinderella on tour and at The Theatre at Madison Square Garden in 2001. She then spent five months on Broadway from October 2002 through February 2003 playing Belle in Beauty and the Beast. She has continued to appear in theatrical roles.
In 2004, she starred as "Hollywood Madam" Heidi Fleiss in the USA television movie Call Me: The Rise and Fall of Heidi Fleiss. In that same year, she had her first starring feature film role, Extreme Dating, an independent film. In 2005, Sigler starred in Love Wrecked and the following year in Homie Spumoni, when she played the role of Alli, the girlfriend of Renato/Leroy (Donald Faison) directed by Mike Cerron.
In 2008, she appeared as herself in 13 episodes of the fifth and sixth season of the HBO series Entourage. In the fifth season, she appeared in the episodes First Class Jerk, Playing With Fire and Return to Queens Blvd, as the love interest of the character Sal 'Turtle' Assante, portrayed by Jerry Ferrara. She returned as a recurring guest star for season six of the series, after becoming Ferrara's real-life girlfriend. On November 17, 2008, Sigler guest-starred as Jillian on the TV series How I Met Your Mother in the episode "Woooo!" On the December 6, 2008 airing of Saturday Night Live, she appeared as the checkout girl for the Saturday Night Live Digital Short music video "Jizz in My Pants" by The Lonely Island.
In 2009 she starred in the psychological thriller film Beneath the Dark, which originally had a working title of Wake. The same year, she appeared on ABC's Ugly Betty in a five-episode arc. Beginning in 2012, she appears in the main cast of Guys with Kids.
Music and writing 
In 2001, she released a pop album called Here to Heaven, which featured the single "Cry Baby". The album was a commercial failure and had low sales. In 2007 Sigler said she was "embarrassed" by the album and regrets releasing it. In 2012, she collabrated with Romeo Santos on the single You, she also appeared in the music video for it.
In 2002, she co-authored an autobiography, Wise Girl: What I've Learned About Life, Love, and Loss.
Personal life 
On July 11, 2003, Sigler married her agent and longtime boyfriend, A. J. DiScala, She subsequently changed her name to Jamie-Lynn DiScala. In September 2005, Sigler and DiScala separated, and she subsequently changed her name back.
In 2008, Sigler visited Israel through the Birthright Israel program and was moved by the trip, calling Israel "one of the most beautiful, inspiring places I've ever been to." She said that the trip gave her a greater understanding to preserve her Jewish identity. Also in 2008, Sigler began a romantic relationship with Jerry Ferrara, whom she met while guest-starring on Entourage as a love interest of Ferrara's character, Turtle. They split up in 2009. She then dated Mark Sanchez.
Since 2010, Sigler has been dating baseball player Cutter Dykstra, the son of Lenny Dykstra. The two became engaged on January 28, 2013. In February, 2013, the couple announced they are expecting a baby.
|A Brooklyn State of Mind||1998||Young Angie|
|Death of a Dynasty||2003||Sexy Woman No. 3|
|Extreme Dating||2005||Amy Baker|
|Love Wrecked||2005||Alexis Manetti|
|Homie Spumoni||2006||Alli Butterman|
|New York City Serenade||2007||Lynn|
|Trophy Wife||2010||Christina||short film|
|Beneath the Dark||2010||Adrienne|
|I Do||2012||Ali Federman|
|The Sopranos||1999 – 2007||Meadow Soprano||86 episodes|
|Call Me: The Rise and Fall of Heidi Fleiss||2004||Heidi Fleiss||TV-Movie|
|Will & Grace||2004||Ro||2 episodes|
|Higglytown Heroes||2005, 2007||Ms. Fern||3 episodes; voice role|
|The Gathering||2007||Maggy Rule||miniseries|
|How I Met Your Mother||2008||Jillian||1 episode|
|Saturday Night Live||2008||Check-Out Girl||Uncredited role; segment: "Jizz in My Pants"|
|Entourage||2008 – 2009||Jamie-Lynn Sigler||13 episodes|
|Ugly Betty||2009||Natalie||5 episodes|
|Criminal Behavior||2011||Brooke Kross||TV-Movie|
|Drop Dead Diva||2011||Tina Howard||1 episode|
|Last Man Standing||2012||Gabriella||1 episode|
|Guys with Kids||2012||Emily||13 episodes|
Awards and nominations 
- 2001: Nominated, "Outstanding Actress in a Television Series" - The Sopranos
- 2002: Nominated, "Outstanding Actress in a Television Series" - The Sopranos
- 2000: Won, "Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series" - The Sopranos
- 2001: Nominated, "Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series" - The Sopranos
- 2002: Nominated, "Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series" - The Sopranos
- 2003: Nominated, "Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series" - The Sopranos
- 2005: Nominated, "Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series" - The Sopranos
- 2007: Nominated, "Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series" - The Sopranos
- 2008: Won, "Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series" - The Sopranos
- 2008: Nominated, "Siblings That Make You Grateful for Your Own Crazy Family" - The Sopranos (shared w/Robert Iler)
- 2000: Nominated, "Best Performance in a TV Drama Series by a Supporting Young Actress" - The Sopranos
- 2001: Nominated, "Best Performance in a TV Drama Series by a Supporting Young Actress" - The Sopranos
- 1999: Won, "Best Performance by a Young Actress in a Drama TV Series" - The Sopranos
- 2000: Won, "Best Performance by a Young Actress in a Drama TV Series" - The Sopranos
- "Jamie-Lynn Sigler: Biography". TVGuide.com. Retrieved January 29, 2013.
- Bloom, Nate (22 January 2008). "Interfaith Celebrities: Jews on Ice, Christina's Baby and Meadow's Trip to Israel". InterfaithFamily.com. Retrieved 29 January 2013.
- Fischler, Marcelle S. (November 24, 2002). "Long Island Journal; Three Who Write the Island's Rhythms". The New York Times. Retrieved October 2, 2007.
- Reid, Shaheem (18 October 2001). "Meadow Soprano Sings About Debut Album". MTV.com. Retrieved 16 August 2008.
- "Festival Trailer - Wake". Dreadcentral.com. 2010-03-15. Retrieved 2010-09-23.
- NJ.com - New Jersey Online – The Sopranos[dead link]
- Jones, Kenneth. "Being Stepmom Is Real Drag for Everett Quinton in 2000-2001 'Cinderella' Tour", Playbill.com, October 19, 2000, accessed December 16, 2011
- "CNN interview December 23, 2005 with Jamie-Lynn Sigler, Jane Fonda, and Shane Sellers". Transcripts.cnn.com. Retrieved 2010-09-23.
- Font size Print E-mail Share By Rome Neal (2002-08-19). "Interview on Eating Disorders". Cbsnews.com. Retrieved 2010-09-23.
- "NY PIX Morning News Blog – WPIX-TV". Weblogs.cw11.com. 2008-10-15. Retrieved 2010-09-23.
- "hulu.com". hulu.com. 2010-06-29. Retrieved 2010-09-23.
- "SXSW '10: First Images from 'Shining'-Inspired 'Wake'!". Bloody-disgusting.com. Retrieved 2010-09-23.
- "IFC Midnight Acquires SXSW Thriller 'Wake'". Bloody-disgusting.com. 2010-06-09. Retrieved 2010-09-23.
- "Meadow's Mea Culpa". New York Post. May 9, 2007.
- "Jamie-Lynn DiScala, Husband Split Up". People. September 25, 2005. Retrieved January 29, 2013.
- Kraft, Dina. 'Sopranos' star on birthright discovers her Jewish spirit, The Jerusalem Post, January 22, 2008. Retrieved June 11, 2008.
- "Jamie Lynn Sigler and Jerry Ferrara Going Strong". Hollyscoop.com. 2009-06-03. Retrieved 2010-09-23.
- "Jamie-Lynn Sigler and Jerry Ferrara Split –". Usmagazine.com. Retrieved 2010-09-23.
- Jamie-Lynn Sigler and Mark Sanchez Cozy Up at the Tonys People.com
- "Jamie-Lynn Sigler reportedly dating Cutter Dykstra, Lenny’s son".
- Caldwell, Sarah (January 29, 2013). "Jamie-Lynn Sigler is engaged". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved January 29, 2013.
- Nahas, Aili (February 12, 2013). "Cutter Dykstra and Jamie-Lynn Sigler Expecting First Child". People. Retrieved February 12, 2013.
- Charlie Patton (14 December 2000). "Putting Civil War to song". The Florida Times-Union. Retrieved 22 February 2009.