15 November 1975 |
Hackney, London, United Kingdom
|Residence||South West London, UK|
|Occupation||TV presenter, Radio presenter and writer|
A Place in the Sun: Home or Away?
|Spouse(s)||Jon Boast (m. 2009)|
|Children||Joy (b. October 2013)|
Jasmine Isabelle Harman (born 15 November 1975) is a British television presenter, best known for co-presenting the Channel 4 series A Place in the Sun: Home or Away? since 2004, alongside Jonnie Irwin.
Harman had a successful career in the health and fitness industry and later moved into television work. She is a qualified fitness instructor and lived in the Algarve for several years, working as marketing manager for a health resort. It was here that she began writing professionally and developed her passion for broadcasting, hosting her own twice-weekly live magazine show on Algarve radio station, Kiss FM, where she worked with DJ Sir Owen Gee.
In 2004, Harman was selected from hundreds of applicants to present Channel 4's award-winning show A Place in the Sun – Home or Away, alongside Jonnie Irwin and has filmed over 200 episodes worldwide, and has recorded more episodes than any other presenter.
The programme is also broadcast daily on More4, Discovery Real Time and Discovery Travel & Living, as well as channels in Europe and beyond, including New Zealand, Australia and South Africa. She has also featured in property, travel, health and lifestyle programmes for This Morning, GMTV and the Travel Channel.
On 16 August 2011 a BBC1 documentary, My Hoarder Mum and Me featuring her mother Vasoulla's hoarding was broadcast, featuring Jasmine and her siblings trying to help. On 8 May 2012, the documentary was extended to include other hoarders as Britain's Biggest Hoarders.
Harman is a writer and commentator on topics such as overseas property, travel and homes, and has written for Company, Living Abroad, and My Travel magazines. She is the resident travel columnist at Look magazine, and a regular contributor to A Place in the Sun magazine.
She appears at A Place in the Sun Live giving presentations on her top tips for buying property abroad. Harman is also a regular on BBC Radio Kent where she joins PJ and Harris for the Sunday Supplement.
Harman is the eldest of seven children. She has Greek-Cypriot ancestry and most of her relatives reside in Cyprus, although her closer family live in England. Her hobbies include boxercise, salsa and savate. She is a vegetarian.  In 2009 she married television cameraman Jon Boast, and they currently reside in south west London with their dog Shadow. In July 2013, she revealed she was pregnant with her first child due November 2013.In October 2013, she gave birth to her daughter, Joy.
Harman has supported a number of charity projects, including becoming a celebrity waiter in aid of the Nelson Mandela Children's Fund, trading billions of pounds on the stock market to raise money for Breast Cancer Care, and in March 2010 dog sledding in the Arctic in −31 °C for the Dogs Trust. In April 2010 Harman was one of a number of celebrities who participated in a nude photo shoot in aid of Cancer Research UK Harman is a supporter of the children's charity Dreamflight.org, which organises holidays to Orlando for ill and terminally ill children. She went on the trip in October 2010 and 2011.
- Celebrity Birthdays http://ibirthdayworld.blogspot.com/2009/05/celebrity-birth-names-j_12.html
- Jasmine's Biography at JasmineHarman.com
- TRIC Awards 2008 pictures
- Channel 4: 'A Place in the Sun – Home or Away'
- Channel 4: 'A Place in the Sun': about Jasmine Harman
- My Hoarder Mum and Me
- "Britain's Biggest Hoarders" at bbc.co.uk
- "TV presenter Jasmine Harman gets One Show viewers all steamed up in low-cut swimming costume in a Turkish bath". Mail Online. 22 March 2013. Retrieved 23 March 2013.
- Jasmine's Biography at JasmineHarman.com http://www.jasmineharman.com/biography.html
- News of the World 'Fabulous Interiors' article http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/fabulous/fabulous_interiors/495919/jasmine-harman.html
- K9 Article http://content.yudu.com/A1mzxs/K9Issue33/resources/index.htm?referrerUrl=
- Jasmine's Dog's Trust Justgiving page
- Video interview about Cancer Research UK photo shoot http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzeFk1furxE
- Article about Cancer Research UK. photo shoot http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Showbiz-News/Celebs-Strip-For-Give-Up-Clothes-For-Good-Charity-Campaign/Media-Gallery/201004115595749?lpos=Showbiz_News_Article_Related_Content_Region_1&lid=GALLERY_15595749_Celebs_Strip_For_Give_Up_Clothes_For_Good_Charity_Campaign