Wade in 2011
|Born||Jeremy John Wade
23 March 1956 
|Occupation||television presenter, author, Biologist|
Wade was born and brought up in Suffolk, England, where his father was a vicar. He attended Dean Close School and has a degree in zoology from Bristol University and a postgraduate teaching certificate in biological sciences from the University of Kent and has worked as a secondary school biology teacher in Kent. Wade's journeys around the world have not been restricted to fishing. At various times, Wade has been detained as a suspected spy, caught Malaria, been threatened at gunpoint, and survived a plane crash He is also fluent in Portuguese, which he studied during the many years he spent fishing in Brazil. He also speaks French and Spanish well.
Wade's interest in fishing began when he was living in East Anglia, on the banks of Suffolk's River Stour. In 1982, Wade made his first overseas trip to India's mountain rivers. He has since made trips around the world in search of elusive fish species. He has taken many trips to the Congo and Amazon rain forests. With the aid of local fishermen, Wade travels the world to catch various fish. Wade is also a published author. With joint-author Paul Boote, in 1992 Wade published his first book, Somewhere Down the Crazy River. Wade has also written River Monsters, which details his hunts and journeys around the world.
Wade made his acting debut in the 2014 film Blood Lake: Attack of the Killer Lampreys, playing a lamprey expert. He had previously covered the fish in the River Monsters episode "Vampires of the Deep". The film makes reference to this episode when Wade's character references getting "a hickey from a lamprey on his neck," which happened when Wade allowed himself to be bitten to test the lamprey's abilities on River Monsters.
- Boote P and Wade J (1994) Somewhere Down the Crazy River Coronet. ISBN 9780340603215 – classic angling book.
- Wade, Jeremy (2011) River Monsters: True Stories of the Ones that Didn't Get Away Da Capo Press. ISBN 9780306819544.
- Wade, Jeremy (2015) River Monsters: Auf der Jagd nach den größten und stärksten Räubern in den Flüssen und Seen der Erde Plassen Verlag, ISBN 9783864702495
- "Official River Monsters Facebook Page wishing Jeremy Wade "happy birthday"".
- Laotian police booking photo seen in episode "Death Ray". River Monsters. Season 2. 25 April 2010. approx. 0:42 minutes in. Icon Films/Animal Planet. More than one of
- gabba / CONTROL. "TBI - Television Business International - Article / Key strategic business information on the production, distribution, broadcasting and financing of TV programming around the world". Tbivision.com. Retrieved 1 June 2012.
- "travel, natural history & fishing journalist". Jeremy Wade. 30 August 2008. Retrieved 1 June 2012.
- Berkmann, Marcus (5 January 2012). "You should have seen the one that got away!". Daily Mail (London).
- "Jeremy Wade". River Monsters. Discovery Corporation.
During these journeys he caught malaria, was arrested for spying, narrowly escaped drowning and survived a plane crash.
- "Books by Jeremy Wade". Jeremy Wade. November 1, 2013.
- Somewhere Down the Crazy River: Journeys in Search of Giant Fish goodreads. Review.