Szohr at Kitson & Christopher Brian Resort Collection in December 07, 2007
|Born||Jessica Karen Szohr
March 31, 1985
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin, United States
|Height||5' 5" (1.65 m)|
Jessica Karen Szohr (pronounced zorr; born March 31, 1985) is an American actress. Szohr began her screen career starring on television shows such as CSI: Miami and What About Brian. She gained recognition in 2007 with her breakthrough role as Vanessa Abrams on The CW series Gossip Girl. She most recently appeared in the 2010 horror film Piranha 3D and in 2011 comedy I Don't Know How She Does It.
Early life 
Szohr is of Hungarian descent, one quarter English, and her maternal grandmother is African-American. She was born in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin, a place she describes as a "family-oriented small town". The oldest of five children, Szohr played soccer, served on the student council, and was part of the cheerleading squad while in school. She started a cleaning company with a friend, cleaning their teachers’ houses.
Szohr started modeling at age six. Her first national campaign was for Quaker Oats at age ten, and she also appeared in print ads for Kohl's department store. Subsequent modelling gigs followed, including prints for Crate & Barrel, Mountain Dew, Sears, Jockey and JanSport. Szohr graduated from Menomonee Falls High School a semester early and moved to Los Angeles with her mother at the age of 17 to pursue an acting career. She told Seventeen magazine that she "almost moved home like five times."
Szohr earned her laurels as a frequent presence on U.S. television during the 2000s.She made her debut as an actress in My Wife and Kids episode 25 from season 3, "Not So Hostile Takeover". His first film was Uncle Nino (2003), as minor role The MC. She appeared in numerous guest teen television series such as That's So Raven, Drake & Josh, What I Like About You and Joan of Arcadia. She also appeared in three episodes of CSI: Miami as Samantha Barrish. In 2007, she appeared in a major recurring role as Laura for six episodes in the now cancelled ABC Dramedy television series What About Brian. Along with Stacy Keibler, she played a neighbour to the main character Brian O'Hara (Barry Watson). She also appeared in the music videos for Best Days by Matt White and Over You by Daughtry, in which she played Sarah. In the same year, Szohr earned her breakthrough role on the hit CW Teen Drama television series Gossip Girl. Based on the novel series written by Cecily von Ziegesar, Gossip Girl’s premise follows the lives of privileged young adults on Manhattan's Upper East Side in New York City. She plays Vanessa Abrams, Dan Humphrey’s (Penn Badgley) childhood friend and occasional love interest. Szohr described her character to Ocean Drive magazine, "Vanessa doesn't change for other people. She says what she thinks. [...] she’s just a badass girl from Brooklyn". The portrayal of Vanessa in the TV series has drawn criticism from Ziegesar, who claimed Vanessa is "one character they ruined". Originally cast as a recurring role, she became an additional series regular after the season one episode "The Blair Bitch Project". She left the cast of the show at the end of the fourth season. She returned in the sixth season for cameo appearance on finale series episode, "New York, I Love You XOXO".
She has appeared in small roles in films such as Somebody Help Me, The Reading Room and Fired Up. Szohr next signed on to Dimension Films' horror Piranha 3D directed by Alexandre Aja. The film was a remake of the 1978 comedy-horror Piranha. In the film, she played Kelly Driscoll, "a hot young townie caught up in the excitement of co-eds who have descended upon the area for spring break." The role required her to be underwater; Szohr later told the New York Daily News that filming was difficult because she was "not the best swimmer." Filming began in June 2009, and the film was pushed back from its original release date in March to August 2010. She also appeared in a Funny or Die video promoting the film alongside Kelly Brook and others.
She was awarded the Breakthrough Actress in Film award at the 2010 Breakthrough Of The Year awards for her work in Piranha 3D. In April 2010, Szohr joined the cast of the romantic comedy Love, Wedding, Marriage, along with Mandy Moore and Kellan Lutz. The film began principal photography in April 2010 and was filmed in New Orleans. Szohr will have a role in the independent post-apocalyptic sci-fi movie, Hirokin which began production in July 2010. Her role as Orange has been described as a "cunning temptress". She is also set to star in the Eric Amadio directed indie film, Walks alongside Brittany Snow and Rumer Willis.
She will star in the indie drama Art Machine as an outlaw hipster and a pyrotechnic artist. Directed by Doug Karr, the movie is being shot in New York. In May 2011, it was confirmed that Jessica would not be appearing as a regular cast member on the 5th season of Gossip Girl, and that her character Vanessa would be Written out. In October 2011, Jessica finished filming a horror comedy film in East Lothian, Scotland titled Love Bite with co-star Ed Speleers. In November 2011, Jessica filmed a drama in L.A. called Light Years. In 2012, Szohr helped Hayden Panettiere to punk Glee famous actress, Dianna Agron. In 2013, she appeared in Taylor Swift's music video for the song "22", and upcoming Fox's new series The List, as Natalie Voss.
Personal life 
Szohr has an affinity for snowboarding, hiking, yoga and soccer. She describes her hobbies as a result of her being "from Wisconsin". Szohr has also said that she is a huge Green Bay Packers fan. She also told Parade magazine that, in order to avoid real-life gossip, she doesn’t "read blogs, I don't have MySpace, I don't have Facebook or Twitter -- none of that." She lived in Los Angeles for about 2 years, but recently moved to New York. Since August 2011, Szohr is on twitter and has been verified. Szohr is good friends with singer-songwriter Taylor Swift.
Szohr’s real-life fashion is what she calls "simple and casual." Speaking to Vogue, she said "I wouldn’t say I’m trendy or follow any particular trends." She also has 11 tattoos, including her grandparent’s anniversary on her left arm and a cherub on her foot.
|2003||Uncle Nino||The MC|
|2005||The Reading Room||Dayva||Hallmark Channel Original Movie|
|2007||Somebody Help Me||Nicole||Direct-to-DVD|
|2010||Piranha 3D||Kelly Driscoll|
|2011||Love, Wedding, Marriage||Shelby|
|2011||I Don't Know How She Does It||Paula|
|2011||Tower Heist||Sasha Gibbs|
|2012||House at the End of the Drive||Krista||Premiere at Rue Morgue Festival of Fear|
|2012||Art Machine||Cassandra Moon||Premiere at Woodstock Film Festival|
|2013||10 Cent Pistol||Chelsea|
|2013||Two Night Stand||Faiza|
|2003||My Wife & Kids||Dee-Jay||Episode: "Not So Hostile takeover"|
|2004||What I Like About You||Liz||Episode: "Lunar Eclipse of the Heart"|
|2004||Drake & Josh||Episode: "Two Idiots and a Baby"|
|2004||Joan of Arcadia||Nikki||Episode: "Double Dutch"|
|2005||That's So Raven||Jordash Hiltoper||Episode: "The Big Buzz"|
|2007||CSI: Miami||Samantha Barrish||Episodes: "Cyber-Lebrity", "Deep Freeze", "Sunblock"|
|2007||What About Brian||Laura||Recurring (Season 2); 6 episodes|
|2007–2012||Gossip Girl||Vanessa Abrams||Lead Role (Seasons 1–4) / Guest Star (Season 6); 83 episodes|
|2010||The City||Herself||Episode: "The Belle of Elle"|
|2012||Punk'd||Herself||Episode: "Hayden Panettiere"|
|2013||List||Natalie Voss||Upcoming Fox's "Pilot"|
|2007||"Best Days"||Matt White|
|2013||"22"||Taylor's best friend||Taylor Swift|
Awards and nominations 
|2011||Nominated||MTV Movie Award||Best Scared-As-S**t Performance||Piranha 3D|
- Madeleine Marr (2009-03-16). "Jessica Szohr isn't a glamour girl". The Miami Herald. p. A8.
- "JESSICA SZOHR as VANESSA ABRAMS". The CW. Retrieved 2010-01-24.
- "Most Beautiful 2010 16 of 17". People. Retrieved 2010-08-22.
- "Szohr's High School 'Very Different' From 'Gossip Girl' World". AOL News. Retrieved 2010-08-20.
- Prato, Alison (2009-05-26). "Gossip Girl's Jessica Szohr Dresses up and Dishes on Ed Westwick". Page Six Magazine (New York Post). Retrieved 2010-08-19.
- "Seventeen Interviews Jessica Szohr from Gossip Girl!". Seventeen. 2009-03-13. Retrieved 2010-01-25.
- "Jessica Szohr". US Magazine. Retrieved 2010-09-03.
- "Gossip Girl Transformations". InStyle. Retrieved 2010-01-24.
- "Stacy Keibler and Jessica Szohr Join What About Brian". Movie Web. 2006-12-13. Retrieved 2010-08-20.
- Ausiello, Michael (2007-09-16). "Exclusive Girl Gossip: Brian Babe Joins Cast!". TV Guide. Retrieved 2010-09-03.
- Byrne, Fiona (2007-11-20). "The Night We Met Vanessa From 'Gossip Girl' and Didn't Kill Her". New York Magazine. Retrieved 2010-10-25.
- "Gossip Girl Author Loves the Show, Hates Vanessa". People. 2008-10-16. Retrieved 2010-08-20.
- Dodd, Stacy (2007-09-23). "Jessica Szohr". Variety. Retrieved 2010-08-19.
- Kroll, Justin (2009-05-26). "Jessica Szohr added to 'Piranha 3-D'". Variety. Retrieved 2010-08-19.
- "Jessica Szohr to Be Devoured by Piranhas". New York Magazine. 2009-06-05. Retrieved 2010-08-19.
- E. Osterhout, Jacob (2010-08-15). "'Gossip Girl' star Jessica Szohr battles her fear of deep lakes in 'Piranha 3D'". New York Daily News. Retrieved 2010-08-20.
- Connelly, Brendon (2010-01-15). "Piranha 3D Pushed Back At Least Four Months, Might Not Even Be 3D". Slash Film. Retrieved 2010-08-20.
- "Piranha 3D: For Your Consideration". Funny or Die. Retrieved 2010-08-20.
- "Agron & Szohr Land Top Breakthrough Honors". W.E.N.N. 2010-08-16. Retrieved 2010-08-27.
- Scott, Mike (2010-04-27). "Dermot Mulroney to try directing with new Orleans-shot romantic comedy". Nola. Retrieved 2010-08-20.
- McNary, Dave (2009-05-26). "Thesps join 'Hirokin' list'". Variety. Retrieved 2010-08-19.
- McNary, Dave (2009-04-20). "Brittany Snow 'Walks' to indie drama". Variety. Retrieved 2010-08-20.
- Kit, Borys (2010-10-25). "EXCLUSIVE: Joseph Cross, Jessica Szohr Starring in Indie 'Art Machine'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2010-10-25.
- Jessica Szohr To Star In Fox’s ‘List’, Camille Guaty & Elizabeth Pena Join ABC Comedies
- Frederick, Brendan (2008-10-22). "Jess is More". "Complex". Retrieved 2011-01-08.
- Hayne, Tim (2010-08-11). "Jessica Szohr on Real-Life Gossip: 'When You're Coming Up, People Want to Bring You Down'". Parade. Retrieved 2010-08-20.
- Mathews, Dana (2009-02-07). "It Girl: Jessica Szohr". Vogue. Retrieved 2010-08-20.
- Gold, Marissa (2010-02-15). "Jessica Szohr's Tattoos - Celebrity Tattoos". Stylelist (AOL). Retrieved 2010-08-20.
- Jessica Szohr To Star In Fox’s ‘List’, Camille Guaty & Elizabeth Pena Join ABC Comedies
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Jessica Szohr|