||This article has an unclear citation style. (February 2014)|
photo taken by Jenna Kirkutis, On Madison Green Sept 2009
|Born||1980 (age 33–34)
Farmington, Connecticut, U.S.
|Genres||Indie pop, indie rock, folk, country, Burlesque|
|Occupations||Filmmaker, singer-songwriter, writer|
|Instruments||Guitar, piano, flute|
|Associated acts||Domino, Dopo Yume, Sean Lennon, Mark Ronson, Daniel Merriweather, The Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger, Cibo Matto|
Jordan Galland is a filmmaker, and a musician. He has won a number of awards on the film festival circuit. He has also contributed his music to raise money and awareness of various charitable causes. He is of French heritage.
Galland lives and works in New York City.
A later band, Domino, is signed to Mark Ronson's Allido Records label. Additionally, Galland has collaborated with his childhood friend, Sean Lennon, played electric piano on Mark Ronson's album Version and co-wrote tracks on Daniel Merriweather's 2010 Love & War, also released on Allido Records.
In 2006, Jordan Galland began working on a series of solo material with friends and former band-mates David Muller (formerly of the Fiery Furnaces) and Sam Oates for what would ultimately become his solo-debut, "Airbrush." In 2008, Galland and Muller continued to build on the solo-material and co-produced Jordan Galland's sophomore solo release, "Search Party." The album was recorded by the pair at a friend's house turned studio in Hampton Bays, New York and mixed by Ron Shaffer at Atlantic West Studios in Brooklyn.
Recently, Galland has been collaborating with the Neistat Brothers on a number of Short Film projects.
Galland collaborated with Mark Ronson, in a video homage to The Legend of Zelda. Galland provided the music for director Sara Ziffs award-winning film Picture Me. She had appeared in an earlier music video of Gallands' "The Princess Waits" In 2011, Galland released an EP via his record label Slush Puppy Music, titled To The Top. The music video for the EP's title track appeared on Glamour.com and AOL's music website, Spinner.com as the Music Video of the Day on May 31, 2011. Galland did a cover version of birthday cake by Cibo Matto
Galland's 2005 short film, Smile for the Camera, received an award for best screencraft at the New York Independent International Film and Video Festival in 2005. Galland directed, photographed, and edited the film himself, and wrote the film’s theme song and musical score with Sean Lennon and Timo Ellis. An animated music video for his band Domino, Green Umbrella, was shown at multiple film festivals in the U.S., and in Madrid at Alcine37.
Galland's feature-length debut, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Undead, a vampire film he wrote and directed, was filmed in New York City in December 2007 and stars Ralph Machio, Jeremy Sisto, and Jake Hoffman. A 2009 Halloween launch party was held at Wooleys in New York. The movie is set to be released in June 2010 through Indican Pictures. This movie is currently playing on Showtime (TV network)
Alter Egos a movie about super heroes is set to be released in Fall of 2012. It stars Kris Lemche, Danny Masterson, and again involves a collaboration with Sean Lennon who both stars in as "Electric Death" and contributes the music.
Jordan contributed a song "Hearts of ice" to the film Life of Crime
|2004||The Long Weekend||Song: "Central Park"|
|Knots||Song: "The Postcard"|
|2005||Smile for the Camera||Writer/actor, won award at prestigious New York International Independent Film and Video Festivalfilm debut of Jemima Kirke|
|National Lampoon's Adam & Eve||song writer: "Postcard", "I Can't Say Why", "The Fun")|
|Green Umbrella||Writer/actor, won numerous awards|
|2006||Friendly Fire||Co-wrote various songs/ actor|
|2008||Day of the Dead||song writer "Coolest Boy on Earth"|
|Coin Locker Babies||Screenwriter|
|21||song on soundtrack: "Tropical Moonlight", performed by Domino|
|The Last International Playboy||song on soundtrack: "Brigitte Bardot", performed by Dopo Yume|
|2009||Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Undead||Executive producer, cartoonist, won comedy award at DC Independent Film Festival.|
|The Missing Person||song on soundtrack: "Can't Say Why"|
|2010||Tiny Furniture||song on soundtrack (writer): "Hide and Seek"|
|2012||Alter Egos||Director, starring Kris Lemche, Danny Masterson, and long time friend Sean Lennon|
|2013||Life of Crime (film)||song on soundtrack (writer)|
|2006||Friendly Fire by Sean Lennon||co-wrote "Spectacle" and "Falling Out of Love"|
|2007||Version by Mark Ronson||electric piano on Amy Winehouse's cover of The Zutons' "Valerie" and Lily Allen's cover of the Kaiser Chiefs' "Oh My God"|
|2010||Love & War by Daniel Merriweather||co-wrote "Cigarettes" and "Live by Night"|
Dopo Yume discography
- Yumania (2001)
- In the Bedroom (2002)
- True Romance (2003) (with guitar and piano by Sean Lennon, and backing vocals by Bijou Phillips)
- The Secret Show (2006)
- Airbrush (2009)
- Search Party (2010)
- To the Top (2011)
- Wind-up Rabbit (2013)
- Galland has done all the animation work in his movies, having studied animation at New York University. In addition he contributed animation (the welcoming birds) in the promotional posters for Plastic Ono Band
- Galland recently did the animation for the Jewellery ad campaign "you're my Boo" for Waris Ahluwalia's House of Waris.
- Galland's band Dopo Yume contributed a song to a cd:Mystique, "a Benefit for the AIDS Action."
- Galland's other band Domino had a listing on Mark Ronson Presents Hard Rock, which was distributed exclusivley through the Hard Rock Cafe where a portion of the proceeds go to the non profit organization: Play Pumps (Roundabout PlayPump), that helps to provide clean drinking water to third world countries.
- Galland has contributed music to countless Charity Art shows, including shows that benefit the Nest Foundation, which aids abused children in New York.
Awards and Nominations
- Green Umbrella — Best Musical Form, 2006 Da Vinci Film and Video Festival
- Green Umbrella — Best Animated Short, 2006 Black Earth Film Festival
- Green Umbrella — Music Video Award (animation), second place, 2006 Indie Gathering
- Smile for the Camera — ScreenCraft Award (short film), 2005 New York International Independent Film and Video Festival
- Rozencrantz and Guildenstern are Undead - Comedy Award at DC Independent Film Festival,
- 2010 L.A. Comedy Shorts Film Festival Movie Magic Screenwriter Screenplay Competition Semi-Finalists: Commercial Affairs
- 2012 Best Narrative feature at Hells Half Mile Festival for Alter Egos
- Bio, Dopo Yume website.
- “Dopo Yume”, Allmusic biography.
- Discography, Sean Lennon's website
- Version, www.silverplatters.com.
- 2005 Award Winners, New York International Independent Film and Video Festival
- Green Umbrella, Internet Movie Database.
- Green Umbrella, Alcine: Alcalá de Henares program listing.
- Lennon Gives Birth to 'Coin Locker Babies', Time Out London, March 9, 2005
- “Coin Locker Babies”, Hollywood.com
- Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Undead at Internet Movie Database.
- Press kit for Life Happens
- Virgins of Un-Hollywood, Whitney Spaner, Paper, October 4, 2006.
- Serious Dope, Daily Candy, January 27, 2003.
- Hopeful Romantics, Megan Gerrity, The Dedicated Follower of Fashion, November 2003.
- 2006 Award Winners, Da Vinci Film Festival
- 2006 Laser Carved Granite Awards, Black Earth Film Festival 2006.
- 2006 Winners, The "Reel" News, Summer 2006.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jordan Galland.|
- Jordan Galland at the Internet Movie Database
- Fan Group 
- Jordan Galland on Twitter