|Full name||Jose Baxter|
|Date of birth||7 February 1992|
|Place of birth||Bootle, Liverpool, England|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|Playing position||Attacking midfielder|
|Current club||Sheffield United|
|2011–2012||→ Tranmere Rovers (loan)||14||(3)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 17:19, 30 November 2013 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Jose Baxter (born 7 February 1992) is an English footballer who currently plays for Sheffield United as a midfielder. Born in Bootle, Baxter began his career with his home town club of Everton and although having been on the fringes of the first team, he rejected a new contract in 2012 in order to find regular football elsewhere. He joined Oldham Athletic shortly afterwards where he spent a successful season before being bought by Sheffield United just under 12 months later. Baxter has also represented England at both under-16 and under-17 level as well as spending time on loan at Tranmere Rovers during his time with Everton.
Baxter joined Everton as a six-year old. He remained as an Everton youth player until 2008 when he trained with the first-team squad on tours to Switzerland and the United States two months after leaving school.
Baxter made his professional début for the club on the opening day of the 2008–09 season coming on as a substitute in a home game against Blackburn Rovers, becoming Everton's youngest ever senior player in the process, aged 16 years and 191 days, beating the record previously held by team-mate James Vaughan.
Baxter was named in the Everton starting line up to play West Bromwich Albion at The Hawthorns, becoming the youngest Everton player ever to start a game, and March 2009 he signed a new two-and-a-half-year contract with Everton. Baxter remained in the squad in the starting line up and in making many substitute appearances in 2009–10 season. He also made the first team at Goodison Park against BATE Borisov in the Europa League.
Baxter joined Tranmere Rovers on loan in September 2011 and went on to score on his début against Preston North End. The loan was extended several times until January 2012, when Everton recalled Baxter. Still on the fringes of the first team Baxter rejected a new contract from Everton and was released at the end of the 2011–12 season.
Following his release from Everton, Baxter had a trial at Crystal Palace but they deemed him unfit and declined to offer him a contract. Baxter subsequently signed for League One side Oldham Athletic in September 2012, agreeing a four-month contract. He made his debut for the club the following date, scoring in a 2–2 draw versus Notts County.
Playing and scoring regularly, Baxter's form drew interest from other league clubs but in January 2013 Baxter signed a new two and a half-year deal with Oldham Athletic. Baxter started the 2013–14 season as a first team regular, but a brace against Stevenage in a 4-3 opening day victory prompted renewed interest from other clubs in acquiring his services.
At the end of August 2013 Jose Baxter reunited with his former Everton youth manager, David Weir, when he signed for Sheffield United for an undisclosed fee, agreeing a three year deal. Baxter scored his first Sheffield United goal against Rotherham United on 7 September 2013.
Baxter has represented England at both U16 and U17 levels. He played in the first two games of the 2009 Under 17 European Championships but missed the third after picking up two yellow cards.
- As of 8 December 2013
|Club||Season||League||FA Cup||League Cup||Other||Total|
|Tranmere Rovers (loan)||2011–12||14||3||0||0||0||0||1||0||14||3|
Baxter was one of three men arrested in October 2009 in Kirkby on suspicion of possession of cannabis with intent to supply and on suspicion of possessing counterfeit money. He was subsequently released without charge.
- "Premier League clubs submit squad lists" (PDF). PremierLeague.com. Premier League. 2 February 2012. p. 15. Retrieved 2 February 2012.
- "Baxter Profile". ESPN.
- "Jose Baxter player profile". Everton FC. Archived from the original on 10 July 2011. Retrieved 23 August 2012.
- "Baxter Makes History". Everton F.C. Retrieved 23 August 2008.
- "Baxter signs 'dream' Everton deal". BBC Sport. 4 March 2009. Retrieved 4 March 2009.
- "Oldham sign strikers Jose Baxter and Matt Derbyshire". BBC Sport. 14 September 2012. Retrieved 15 September 2012.
- "Oldham 2–2 Notts County". BBC Sport. 15 September 2012. Retrieved 15 September 2012.
- "Jose Baxter: Oldham sign striker on long-term deal". BBC Sport. 12 January 2013. Retrieved 26 January 2013.
- "Baxter signs". Sheffield United FC Official Website. 29 August 2013. Retrieved 29 August 2013.
- Jose Baxter career stats at Soccerbase
- "Everton striker Jose Baxter arrested on drugs charge". ESPNsoccernet. Retrieved 6 October 2009.
- "Ex-Everton wonderkid Jose Baxter on the search for first-team football". BBC Sport. Retrieved 10 September 2012.
- Jose Baxter career stats at Soccerbase
- Sheffield United FC Official Player Profile
- Premier League profile
- Everton profile
- England FA profile