||This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2010)|
|Ring name(s)||Jose Lothario
El Gran Lothario
|Billed height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|Billed weight||245 lb (111 kg)|
December 12, 1934 |
Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico
|Billed from||San Antonio, Texas|
Early life 
Jose Lothario was born Guadalupe Robledo in Monterrey, Mexico.
On Christmas Day 1970, Lothario teamed up with Danny Miller to defeat The Infernos and win the NWA Florida Tag Team Championship. In storyline, the previous champions, Dusty Rhodes and Dick Murdoch, had been stripped of the titles.
Lothario's biggest feuds were with Gino Hernandez and El Gran Marcus. Lothario wrestled in Florida and Texas and was one of the most popular wrestler's in Houston Wrestling's long, prestigious history.
Lothario trained Shawn Michaels, and appeared on-screen with Michaels when he won the WWF Championship and managed him for several months before leaving the WWF after the 1997 Royal Rumble. He appeared again on WWF television programming in January 1999 as part of a storyline involving Shawn Michaels.
His son Pete was also a professional wrestler in the Texas area, and has appeared on WWE television. His wife, Jean Lothario also wrestled with Joe Blanchard's Southwest Wrestling Alliance. They also have a daughter, Gina, who did not go into the wrestling business.
Championships and accomplishments 
- NWA Brass Knuckles Championship (Florida version) (3 times)
- NWA Florida Tag Team Championship (2 times) - with Argentina Apollo (1) and Danny Miller (1)
- NWA Southern Tag Team Championship (Florida version) (5 times) - with Don Curtis (1), Joe Scarpa (3) and Dory Funk (1)
- NWA World Tag Team Championship (Florida version) (4 times) – with Wahoo McDaniel (2), Eddie Graham (1) and Sam Steamboat (1)
- L&G Promotions
- NWA American Tag Team Championship (6 times) – with Ivan Putski (1), Mil Máscaras (1), El Halcon (3) and Tiger Conway, Jr. (1)
- NWA Brass Knuckles Championship (Texas version) (3 times)
- NWA Texas Heavyweight Championship (4 times)
- NWA Texas Tag Team Championship (6 times) – with Mil Máscaras (1), Ivan Putski (1), Alberto Madril (2), Rocky Johnson (1) and Cien Caras (1)
- WCCW Television Championship (1 time)
- "WRESTLER PROFILES". Online World of Wrestling. Retrieved 1 January 2010.
- Shields, Brian; Sullivan, Kevin (2009). WWE Encyclopedia. DK. p. 163. ISBN 978-0-7566-4190-0.
- Texas Monthly May 1976
- Terry Funk: More Than Just Hardcore By Terry Funk, Scott Williams, Mick Foley
- Gordon Solie ... Something Left Behind By Florida Media, Incorporated
- "Jose Lothario Tops Full Card on mat Tonight". Palm Beach Post. Jadn. 9, 1966. Retrieved 1 January 2010.
- Woodward, Buck (2009-12-25). "THIS DAY IN HISTORY". PWInsider. Retrieved 1 January 2010.
- (see additional references at the French Wikipedia page)