Joshua Green (journalist)
Joshua Green (born 1972) is an American journalist who writes primarily on United States politics. He is currently senior national correspondent at Bloomberg Businessweek and a weekly columnist for the Boston Globe.
Green began his journalism career in 1995 as an editor at the satirical weekly The Onion. From 2000 to 2001, he was a staff writer at The American Prospect. He then joined The Washington Monthly, where he worked as an editor from 2001 to 2003. Green has also contributed articles to Slate and The New Yorker.
Green was with The Atlantic from September 2003 to July 2011. During that time his work has been anthologized in collections ranging from Best American Political Writing 2009 to The Bob Marley Reader. Among his more notable writings for The Atlantic are a November 2006 cover story on Hillary Rodham Clinton and a November 2004 story on George W. Bush presidential adviser Karl Rove. Green also wrote an article for The Atlantic in October 2007 exploring the feasibility of the announced presidential campaign of the comedian Stephen Colbert.
In 2007, Politico reported that a negative story written by Green on the Hillary Rodham Clinton presidential campaign for GQ magazine was killed after her camp threatened access to the New York Senator's husband, President Bill Clinton, who was slated to appear on the magazine's December 2007 cover. In September 2008, after Clinton had ended her candidacy, Green wrote an article in The Atlantic detailing the in-fighting within the Clinton campaign. The article was supplemented by memos he had obtained from current and former Clinton staffers and outside consultants to her presidential campaign.
- "Separated at Birth: Atlantic’s Green Joins Bloomberg". mediabistro.com. Retrieved 2011-10-03.
- "Washington Monthly: Joshua Green". Washington Monthly. Retrieved 2009-01-06.
- Liz Cox (November/December 2002). "Now Read This: Ten Young Writers on the Rise". Columbia Journalism Review.
- "Every Little Thing Gonna Be Alright: The Bob Marley Reader". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2009-01-06.
- Joshua Green (November 2006). "Take Two: How Hillary Clinton turned herself into the consummate Washington player". The Atlantic. Retrieved 2009-01-06.
- Joshua Green (November 2004). "Karl Rove in a Corner". The Atlantic. Retrieved 2009-01-06.
- Joshua Green (2007-10-19). "The Colbert Notion". The Atlantic. Retrieved 2009-01-06.
- Ben Smith (journalist) (2007-09-24). "Clinton campaign kills negative story". The Politico. Retrieved 2009-01-06.
- Joshua Green (September 2008). "The Front-Runner's Fall". The Atlantic. Retrieved 2009-01-06.
- Joshua Green (2008-08-11). "The Hillary Clinton Memos". The Atlantic. Retrieved 2009-01-06.
- Michael Calderone (2008-12-27). "Top 10 Political Scoops of 2008". Politico. Retrieved 2009-01-06.
- Joshua Green Profile and Index at The Atlantic
- Video of debate/discussion with Joshua Green and Ryan Lizza on Bloggingheads.tv