|Born||June 14, 1974|
|Instruments||Acoustic guitar, electric guitar|
|Labels||Mom + Pop Music|
Joshua Radin (born June 14, 1974) is an American recording artist, songwriter and actor.
He was born and raised in Shaker Heights, Ohio, to a Jewish family of Polish, German, Austrian, and Russian background. He studied drawing and painting at Northwestern University, following his college years with stints as an art teacher, screenwriter, and art gallery employee.
In 2004, American actor Zach Braff introduced Radin's first composition, "Winter" to Scrubs' show creator, Bill Lawrence, who ultimately used several of Radin's songs in various scenes of the hit television series.
According to Radin his musical career started in 2004, and he had learned to play the guitar only two years before that. His first song, "Winter", appeared on his debut album We Were Here. Since that time, Radin has been touring the United States, as well as much of the United Kingdom and Europe. Over the course of his career, Radin has shared stages with artists such as Sheryl Crow, Tori Amos, Imogen Heap, Meiko, Missy Higgins, Maria Taylor, Gary Jules, Amber Rubarth, Schuyler Fisk, The Script and many more. In addition to his American following, Radin has enjoyed success with his 2008 release, "Simple Times" in the United Kingdom. His song "I'd Rather Be With You" reached #11 on the UK Singles Chart and number two on the US Top Digital Chart.
We Were Here (2006)
Radin has said that much of the album was inspired by a bad break-up. It was released exclusively to iTunes for a month, before attracting attention from major labels. Released on Columbia Records in May 2006, We Were Here presented the first batch of songs Radin ever wrote. The album drew critical acclaim and received a four-star review from Rolling Stone, who praised it for Radin's "whispery, silver-bell voice" and its themes, calling them "poignant and refreshingly frank." The record hit number one on the iTunes Folk Album Chart and included a number of well known musicians, including Ryan Adams who played guitar on the song "Lovely Tonight". Zach Braff hand-picked one of the tracks to be featured on the soundtrack for The Last Kiss.
Simple Times (2008)
Radin's second album, Simple Times went straight to #1 on the iTunes overall chart upon its release. Radin enlisted highly regarded producer Rob Schnapf (Elliott Smith, Beck). The two spent seven weeks recording at L.A.'s legendary Sunset Sound Studio working with a cast of musicians that included guitarist Greg Leisz, bassist Johnny Flaugher, keyboardist Jason Borger, drummer Victor Indrizzo and percussionist Lenny Castro. Among the album's many highlights are "You Got Growin' Up To Do," featuring guest vocalist Patty Griffin, lead single "I'd Rather Be With You" and "Brand New Day."  Tracks from the album were featured on TV shows such as "Bones," "Scrubs," "House," "Grey's Anatomy," "One Tree Hill," "Life Unexpected," "90210," "Brothers and Sisters", "American Idol" and Australian hit series Packed to the Rafters among others. Radin's "Simple Times" was released on Mom + Pop Music.
The Rock and The Tide (2010)
Radin's third studio album, The Rock and The Tide was released on October 12, 2010 on Mom + Pop Music, his second release with the label. The album reached number five on the iTunes albums chart upon its release. "The Rock and The Tide" was produced by Martin Terefe (Cat Stevens, Ron Sexmith).
On July 31, 2012, Radin released his fourth studio album, 'Underwater'. The album becomes Radin's third release with Mom + Pop Music.
Wax Wings (2013)
Joshua Radin's fifth studio album "Wax Wings" was released May 7, 2013. "Wax Wings," a self-released album, has eleven-tracks. Included on the album is the song "Lovely Tonight," which had been previously released on iTunes as a single. The tracks "In Her Eyes" and "Stay" were produced by Matt Noveskey.
Television and movies
- 90210 - Vegetable Car, The Fear You Won't Fall, The Rock and The Tide, Here We Go.
- 8xTX on T4 - Winter,
- 10 Inch Hero - Only You,
- ABC Promo - Off The Map - Here We Go 
- Adam - Someone Else's Life, When You Find Me 
- American Idol – Everything'll Be Alright, Closer, Friend Like You, One of Those Days 
- Army Wives - Friend Like You, We Are Okay, You Got What I Need
- Broken Windows - Someone Else's Life,
- Brothers & Sisters - Everything'll Be Alright, What If You, Someone Else's Life,
- The Bonnie Hunt Show - I'd Rather Be With You,
- Bones (Double Trouble in the Panhandle) - No Envy, No Fear, The Rock and The Tide
- Catch and Release - What if You
- Castle- No Envy, No Fear
- Conan O'Brien - I'd Rather Be With You
- Cougar Town - The Rock and The Tide, The Greenest Grass, Lovely Tonight
- Dakota Skye - Someone Else's Life
- Dear John (2010 film) - Paperweight
- The Early Show - I'd Rather Be With You
- Eli Stone - The One You Knew, Brand New Day, Friend Like You
- Ellen Wedding Show - Today 
- The Ellen DeGeneres Show - You've Got Growing Up to Do
- The Fosters - "Cross That Line"
- General Electric - Brand New Day
- Gossip Girl - The Rock and The Tide 
- Grey's Anatomy – Closer, The Fear You Won't Fall Sky, One of Those Days, You Got What I Need,
- Henry Poole is Here - Only You
- Hilton Ad - Today
- Hidden Palms - Closer
- House M.D. – Brand New Day
- JC Penny Ad – Only You
- Jimmy Kimmel Live! - Closer, Star Mile
- The Last Kiss - Star Mile, Paperweight
- Life Unexpected - Brand New Day, The Rock and The Tide, One of Those Days, The Rock and The Tide, You've Got Growin Up To Do 
- Lifetime Movie: Bond Of Silence Road To Ride On
- Leverage - Winter
- Lie to Me - I'd Rather Be with You
- The Nanny Diaries - Closer
- Noah's Arc - Closer, Don't Look Away, Winter
- The Bachelorette (Season 6, Episode 4) - Brand New Day, Streetlight
- One Tree Hill - Everything'll be Alright, No Envy, No Fear, They Bring Me to You, You've Got Some Growing Up to Do, One Of Those Days, The Rock and the Tide
- Parenthood - The Rock and the Tide
- Post Grad - Brand New Day
- Random 1 - These Photographs
- Re-Animated - Closer, Today
- Runaway - Closer
- Shameless - Winter
- Scrubs – Don't Look Away, These Photographs, Winter, Today, Closer, I'd Rather Be With You, Sesame Street Theme
- Shooting Sizemore - Closer
- So You Think You Can Dance - Sundrenched World (Live Session), The Fear Your Wont Fall
- Studio 60 - Closer
- Swisstel Commercial - Friend Like You
- What About Brian - Closer
- Why I Wore Lipstick to My Mastectomy - These Photographs
- Without a Trace - Brand New Day
- World Heritage City - Winter
|Year||Album details||Peak position||Certifications
|2006||We Were Here
|2010||The Rock and the Tide
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart|
|2008||"I'd Rather Be with You"||82||39||61||47||36||11||Simple Times|
|2010||"Brand New Day"||—||—||—||—||—||—|
- First Between 3rd and 4th (2004)
- Live Session (iTunes Exclusive EP) (2006)
- Unclear Sky (iTunes Exclusive EP) (2008)
- Simple Times – Bonus Material (Demos) EP (2009)
- Songs Under a Streetlight EP (2010)
- The Rock and the Tide (Acoustic Session) EP" (2011)
- Talking Shop: Joshua Radin
- Paul Enright. "Musician Interviews - NAME". Way Cool Music. Retrieved 2012-09-17.
- "Joshua Radin: New Album Hits #1". Hillel.org. September 17, 2008. Retrieved 2012-09-17.
- Joshua Radin: A Musician For the Fans
- Josh Radin Biography
- Mar 4, 2009 12:00 PM by Christina Chomut (March 4, 2009). "Joshua Radin finding Simple Times". Sheknows.com. Retrieved 2012-09-17.
- "Joshua Radin | Artist". Official Charts. Retrieved 2012-09-17.
- (September 27, 2008), "TOP DIGITAL". Billboard. 120 (39):52
- Arnold, Chuck (December 25, 2006), "TOP 10 MUSIC". People. 66 (26):45
- Gitlin, Lauren (August 10, 2006), "Joshua Radin: We Were Here". Rolling Stone. (1006):102
- Newman, Melinda (April 1, 2006), "YOUNG READY TO ROCK".Billboard. 118 (13):38
- Esposito, Rose; Martin, Jeffrey Stuart; Lampert, David; Billings, Andrew C.; Budiansky, Sandra; Kazan, Tina; Albrand, Kurt; Lazev, Scott (March 28, 2008), "Feedback". Entertainment Weekly. (984):4
- Greenblatt, Leah (August 11, 2006), "Track Stars". Entertainment Weekly. (890):66
- Caulfield, Keith (April 4, 2009), "'Twilight' Bites Back; Decemberists' Digital Debut". Billboard. 121 (13):37
- "Joshua Radin - Simple Times - Album Review". AbsolutePunk.net. September 9, 2008. Retrieved 2012-09-17.
- "JOSHUA RADIN’S ‘THE ROCK AND THE TIDE’ OUT OCTOBER 12 and Tour Dates | Indie Rock News". Indierockreviews.com. Retrieved 2012-09-17.
- Arnold, Chuck (November 1, 2010), "QUICK CUTS". People. 74 (16):45
- "Joshua Radin - Interview With Joshua Radin". Folkmusic.about.com. April 10, 2012. Retrieved 2012-09-17.
- Jordan, Julie; Tauber, Michelle (September 1, 2008), "'I'm the LUCKIEST Girl in the WORLD'". People. 70 (9)"50-57
- Arnold, Chuck (November 24, 2008), "QUICK CUTS". People. 70 (21):47
- Joshua Radin
- Soundtracks for "90210" Games People Play (2008)
- Ten Inch Hero
- Promo ABC
- Adam Soundtrack
- Army Wives Episode Guide - Season 4, Episode 16: "Mud, Sweat & Tears"
- Music From Army Wives - Season 4: Hearts And Minds
- Broken Windows
- Episode 2 Act of Will
- Music From Brothers And Sisters - Episode 28 - Season 2
- Brothers and Sisters
- Episode dated 19 November 2008
- Soundtracks for "Bones" Double Trouble in the Panhandle (2009)
- Soundtracks for Catch and Release (2006)
- A Chill Goes Through Her Veins (2009)
- Episode Dated 16 February 2007
- Cougar Town Season 2 Episode 9
- Cougar Town Season 4 Episode 10
- Cougar Town Season 4 Episode 15
- Dakota Skye (2008)
- Soundtracks for Eli Stone
- Soundtracks for Eli Stone Flight Path (2009)
- Soundtracks for Eli Stone Waiting for that day
- Ellen Degeneres Show - Episode dated 30 September 2008
- General Electric Ad
- "Grey's Anatomy" Yesterday (2006)
- "Grey's Anatomy" The Name of the Game (2006)
- "Grey's Anatomy" Losing My Mind (2008)
- "Grey's Anatomy" Brave New World (2008)
- Hilton Hotels Announces New Ad Campaign
- Soundtracks for "House M.D." The Greater Good (2009)
- JCPenney Mothers Day
- The Last Kiss (2006) Soundtrack
- The Last Kiss Soundtrack
- Brand New Day
- Music From Life Unexpected
- Truth Unrevealed
- Music from Life Unexpected
- The Homecoming Job Triva and Quotes
- Love Always
- The Nanny diarys (2007)
- Joshua Radin Provides Soundtrack for "The Bachelorette" Kiss
- The Bachelorette - Music Lounge
- Soundtrack for One Tree Hill
- Youve Dug Your Own Grave Now Lie in It
- Music from One Tree hill
- One Tree Hill
- Music From Parenthood
- Post Grad Soundtrack and Prize Pack Blog Contest
- Joshia Radin Wiki Information
- Nevada Day 2
- Music From What about Brian
- Music From Without a Trace
- "Joshua Radin Announces UK Shows". Femaleextra.com. Retrieved May 17, 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Joshua Radin.|
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Joshua Radin|
- Official website
- Joshua Radin’s official blog
- Joshua Radin on MySpace
- Review of One of Those Days at Daily Music Guide
- Joshua Radin at the Internet Movie Database
- Video links