Journal of Animal Ecology
|Journal of Animal Ecology|
|Abbreviated title (ISO 4)||J. Anim. Ecol.|
|Edited by||Tim Coulson|
|Publisher||Wiley-Blackwell on behalf of the British Ecological Society (United Kingdom)|
The Journal of Animal Ecology is a peer-reviewed scientific journal publishing research in all areas of animal ecology. It began publication in 1932, and as such is the second oldest journal of the British Ecological Society (after the Journal of Ecology). The Journal of Animal Ecology is available both in print and online.
Types of papers published
The journal publishes the following types of papers:
- Standard Papers - a typical experimental, comparative or theoretical paper
- Reviews - syntheses of topics of broad ecological interest
- Forum articles - short contributions intended to stimulate debate
- In Focus - short articles designed to highlight high-interest material
Abstracting and indexing
The journal is abstracted and indexed in Cambridge Scientific Abstracts, BIOBASE/Current Awareness in Biological Sciences, Current Contents, GEOBASE, and the Science Citation Index. According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal has a 2012 impact factor of 4.841, ranking it 1st out of 149 journals in the category "Zoology" and 20th out of 131 journals in the category "Ecology".
- "Journal of Animal Ecology – Author Guidelines". Wiley-Blackwell. Retrieved 2011-01-31.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Zoology". 2012 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2013.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Ecology". 2012 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2013.