||This article may require copy editing for grammar, style, cohesion, tone, or spelling. (July 2012)|
Kayden Kross in 2013
September 15, 1985 |
Sacramento, California, United States
|Other names||Jenna Nikol, Jenna Nickol, Kayden Cross|
|Height||5 ft 5 in (1.65 m)|
|Weight||115 pounds (52 kg)|
|No. of adult films||84 (per IAFD)|
Kayden Kross (born September 15, 1985) is an American pornographic actress and writer. Kross has won multiple awards for her adult film work.
Adult film career 
Kross was born and raised in Sacramento, California. She is of Swedish ancestry. She has described herself as "the book nerd" during her time as a high school student. For the purpose of earning extra money to purchase a pony, Kross began stripping at Rick's Showgirls in Rancho Cordova, California, when she was eighteen years old. She was later contacted by an agent, and it was this business relationship that provided Kross with the opportunity to commence modeling in adult magazines.
Kross was a senior at California State University, Sacramento, when she signed an exclusive performing contract with Vivid Video in November 2006. Her movies with Vivid included Kayden's First Time, Hard Time, and Be Here Now. Unhappy with the company, she became a free agent one year later, when she did not renew her contract. After one month of being a free agent, she signed an exclusive contract with Adam & Eve. She was named Penthouse Pet of the Month for September 2008. Kross' official website, ClubKayden.com, was launched on September 2, 2008. Kross has hosted a blog at UnKrossed.com, and has written regular updates and opinion columns for MikeSouth.com, an adult industry gossip blog, among other sites.
Kross became exclusive to Digital Playground under a multi-year contract on January 1, 2010. Her first movie with the company, The Smiths, topped sales charts immediately and has continued to be a best seller. She was given the lead in their big budget feature, Body Heat, in her third month in contract. She won two Best Actress Awards for the role.
Kross hosted the 2010 AVN Awards show, along with porn actress Kirsten Price and comedian Dave Attell. She was Penthouse magazine's "Cover Girl" for September 2008 and 2010. She won multiple titles in 2010, including Pichunter "Babe of the Month for September" and TLA Raw "Best Body Overall 2010". Kross starred in the 2010 AVN Best Feature The 8th Day and portrayed the role of Elin Nordegren, wife of Tiger Woods, in Adam & Eve Pictures' film Tyler's Wood.
In January 2011, she was named by CNBC as one of the twelve most popular stars in porn. CNBC noted her consecutive AVN nominations for Performer of the Year. In 2012, she hosted the Xbiz awards for the second time. She was to appear in the ceremony alongside Wicked Pictures/Wicked.com contract star, Jessica Drake, and on the AVN red carpet with co-hosts Jesse Jane and guitarist Dave Navarro.
Appearances in other media 
Kross has been featured regularly on G4 as a host, a reality TV guest star, and as a guest on Attack of the Show and played a recurring role as Delilah in season two of Cinemax's Life on Top. She has also made appearances in the FX's comedy series ‘’The League’’, the G4 reality series ‘’The Block’’, and Family Jewels. In 2011 she was cast as Tara in Gregory Hatanaka's drama The Obsession In September 2011, she picked up the lead role in the film As Wonderland Goes By, playing the character of Zoe McGraw alongside Dave Legeno and Dolph Lundgren. In 2011, Kross briefly co-hosted a regular videocast, Kayden's Review, for for Triggla TV alongside the comedian Dane Hanson. Starting from January 2013 Kross hosts the weekly call-in show Krossfire on Playboy Radio.
Kross writes columns regularly for publications such as Complex magazine, Xbiz magazine, and a blog for xcritic.com. She has also contributed to Timothy McSweeney's Internet Tendency, and her short story "Plank" appeared in the 2012 short story collection Forty Stories: New Writing from Harper Perennial, an e-book. As of August 2012, she was writing an autobiographical book about the porn industry.
Adult industry activism 
In 2008, she was among those testifying against a proposed tax in California on all producers and distributors of adult entertainment. In February 2012, she and conservative pundit Wendy Murphy appeared on Stossel, with host John Stossel, to discuss legislation in California that would require that condoms be used during the production of adult movies.
Personal life 
In October 2008, Kross was charged with grand theft and violations of the California Civil Code, involving contracts for purchases of home equity mortgages, allegedly conning a disabled veteran and his family. In July 2009, the grand-theft charge was dismissed, and the real-estate-fraud charge was reduced to a misdemeanor; Kross pleaded no contest to the resulting charges and was sentenced to one day in custody and three years of probation. She blamed her involvement in the situation on her naïvete and being scammed by the broker and mortgage lender.
- 2007 Adultcon Top 20 Adult Actresses
- 2009 Hot d'Or – Best American Starlet
- 2010 Venus Awards – Best Actress International
- 2010 Erotixxx Award – Best U.S. Actress
- 2010 Nightmoves Awards – Best Female Performer: Fan's Choice
- 2011 AVN Award – Best All-Girl Group Sex Scene – Body Heat
- 2011 AVN Award (The Fan Awards) – Wildest Sex Scene – Body Heat
- 2011 XBIZ Award – Acting Performance of the Year (Female) – Body Heat
- 2013 XBIZ Award – Best Scene (All-Girl) – Mothers & Daughters
- Kayden Kross at the Internet Adult Film Database
- Christina (2008-05-21). "Interview with Kayden Kross". AIPdaily.com. Retrieved 2008-07-31.
- Cindi Loftus (March/April 2008). "Kayden Kross". Xcitement magazine. Retrieved 2008-08-09.
- Cody Kitaura "From bookworm to hot hornet", State Hornet, StateHornet.com (2006-11-29). Retrieved 2012-06-22.
- Wade Garrett (2007-12-18). "Adam & Eve Signs Kayden Kross". AVN. Retrieved 2008-07-31.
- "Kayden Kross MySpace profile". 2008-07-31. Retrieved 2008-07-31.
- David Sullivan (2008-04-14). "Kayden Kross Blogs for MikeSouth.com". AVN. Retrieved 2008-07-31.
- "Kayden Kross' Digital Playground Debut, 'The Smiths,' Climbs the Charts". AVN. 2010-05-27. Retrieved May 27, 2010<!-– 01:36 PM -->.
- Dan Miller (2009-12-23). "Dave Attell to Co-Host AVN Awards". AVN. Retrieved 2009-12-24.
- Penthouse Magazine September 2010. Penthousemagazine.com (2010-09-03). Retrieved on 2012-01-29.
- September 2010 Babe of the Month Kayden Kross. Pichunter Blog (2010-09-07). Retrieved on 2012-01-29.
- AVN – TLA Raw Announces Winners of Awesome Assets Awards. Business.avn.com (2010-12-03). Retrieved on 2012-01-29.
- Hammer and Bacon (2009-12-21). "Kayden Kross On The Gentlemen's Club Podcast". The Gentlemen's Club With Hammer and Bacon. Retrieved 2009-12-24.
- Morris, Chris, "The Dirty Dozen: Porn's most popular stars" ''CNBC'' (January 5, 2011). CNBC.com. Retrieved on 2012-01-29.
- "Host of G4's AEE Special, Kayden Kross Pictures Photo Gallery". G4tv.com (2011-02-10). Retrieved on 2012-01-29.
- About the show. cinemax.com
- David Sullivan (2008-03-18). "Kayden Kross Featured on 'Family Jewels'". AVN. Retrieved 2008-07-31.
- "The Obsession (2012)". IMDb.com
- "As Wonderland Goes By (2012)". IMDb.com
- Digital Playground's Kayden Kross joins Triggla TV (2011-07-26) Retrieved on 2013-02-21.
- Kaden's Review page, Trigg.la
- Kayden's Review on Triggla TV. Retrieved on 2013-02-21.
- "Adult Who's Who: Kayden Kross", AVN Magazine, Vol. 29/No. 2, Issue 362, February 2013, p.32.
- My Spot: Kayden Kross Loves Urth Caffe in L.A.. complex.com (2010-12-14)
- Kayden Kross Writes Blog the Inspires New XBiz Feature Column. AIPdaily.com (2010-11-04). Retrieved on 2012-01-29.
- Nazaryan, Alexander (2012-08-20), "From porn to publishing: The Kross-cultural journey", New York Daily News, retrieved 2012-08-27
- Steinhauer, Jennifer (2008-05-28). "California Lawmaker Proposes Tax on Sex Industry". New York Times. Retrieved 3 January 2010.
- Editor (17). "Editor's Picks: Policing the Porn Business" (Video file). FOX Business. FOX News Network, LLC. Retrieved 7 June 2012.
- "Kayden Kross Charged In Mortgage Scam". AVN. 2008-09-17. Retrieved 2008-09-17.
- Kayden Kross Faces Felony Charges In Mortgage Scam | Genesis Online: The Latest Porn Gossip. Genesis Online (2008-09-18). Retrieved on 2012-01-29.
- Tod Hunter (2009-07-02). "Kayden Kross Pleads No Contest in Real Estate Case". XBiz. Retrieved 2009-07-05.
- AVN – Kayden Kross, Victim of Mortgage Scam, Pleads 'No Contest'. Business.avn.com (2009-07-06). Retrieved on 2012-01-29.
- "Adultcon Names Top 20 Adult Actresses Honor Roll". XBiz. 2007-12-27. Retrieved 2008-01-01.
- Paul Fishbein (2009-10-21). "Pirates II, Evil Angel Big Winners at 2009 Hot d’Or Awards". AVN. Retrieved 2009-10-21.
- Venus 2010 Award Winners. venus-berlin.com
- Steve Javors (2010-10-13). "NightMoves Announces 2010 Awards Winners". Retrieved 13 December 2010.
- "AVN Announces the Winners of the 2011 [[AVN Awards]]". AVN.com. 2011-01-09. Retrieved 2011-01-09. Wikilink embedded in URL title (help)
- "2011 XBIZ Awards Announced Last Night". AVN.com. 2011-02-10. Retrieved 2011-02-11.
- "2013 XBIZ Award Winners Announced". XBIZ. 11 January 2013. Retrieved 12 January 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Kayden Kross|
- Official website
- Official blog
- Kayden Kross at the Internet Movie Database
- Kayden Kross at the Internet Adult Film Database
- Kayden Kross at the Adult Film Database
- Kayden Kross interview at Reddit