|Member of the Santa Clara County Board of Supervisors
from the 4th district
|Preceded by||Jim Beall|
|Member of the San Jose City Council
from the 6th district
|Succeeded by||Pierluigi Oliverio|
|Born||December 12, 1952|
|Domestic partner||Michael Haberecht|
|Residence||San Jose, California|
|Alma mater||San Jose State University
Ken Yeager (born December 12, 1952) is an American politician from California, currently serving on the Santa Clara County Board of Supervisors, representing District 4. First elected to the board in 2006, he represents the cities of Campbell and Santa Clara, as well as west San Jose and the Burbank and Cambrian neighborhoods. In 2009, Yeager was appointed to the California Air Resources Board.
Previously, Yeager had served on San Jose City Council from 2000 to 2006. Before that, he'd served two terms on the San Jose/Evergreen Community College Board. He was a candidate for the 23rd district seat in the California State Assembly in 1996, coming in second in the Democratic primary to then-Supervisor (now Congressman) Mike Honda.
Yeager attended San José State University (SJSU), where he earned a B.A. in political science. He went on to Stanford University, earning an M.A. in sociology, and a Ph.D. in education from the Stanford Graduate School of Education. Prior to his election, he taught political science at SJSU for 12 years. Yeager recently completed the Senior Executives in State and Local Government Program at the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University.
Yeager's parents were Ernest Eugene "Gene" Yeager (1924-2010) and Carolyn French Yeager (d. 2003). Yeager is openly gay, and the first openly gay elected official in San Jose. His long-time partner is Michael Haberecht.
- "Yeager appointed to California Air Resources Board". San Jose Mercury News. 2009-01-12. Retrieved 2009-01-28.
- California Secretary of State: 1996 primary election results
- Biography from the League of Women Voters
- "Ernest Eugene Gene Yeager (1924 - 2010)". Find a Grave. Retrieved 2013-06-13.
- "San Jose City Council Amended Agenda, Feb_ 25, 2003". City of San Jose. 2003-02-25. Retrieved 2013-06-13. "This meeting will be adjourned in memory of Council Member Yeager’s mother, Carolyn French Yeager."
- "Ken Yeager Biography". Retrieved 2007-06-05.
- "Couples preparing to wed". Bay Area Reporter. 2008-06-12. Retrieved 2008-06-14.
- "Participation Highest Ever for Bay Area's Bike to Work Day". Metropolitan Transportation Commission. 2009-05-20. Retrieved 2009-07-15.
|Santa Clara County Supervisor, 4th District