Khatta Meetha (1978 film)
|Directed by||Basu Chatterjee|
|Produced by||Gul Anand
|Written by||Basu Chatterjee|
David Abraham Cheulkar
|Music by||Rajesh Roshan
|Cinematography||A. K. Bir|
|Edited by||Subhash Gupta|
Khatta Meetha (English title: Sweet and Sour) is a 1978 Hindi film directed by Basu Chatterjee. The film stars Ashok Kumar, Rakesh Roshan, Bindiya Goswami, Pearl Padamsee, David Abraham Cheulkar, Ranjit Chowdhry, Preeti Ganguly, Deven Verma, Pradeep Kumar and Iftekhar. The films music is by Rajesh Roshan. At 26th Filmfare Awards, Deven Verma was nominated for Filmfare Award for Best Performance in a Comic Role for the film, but won it for Chor Ke Ghar Chor. This was also the debut film of actor Ranjit Chowdhry, who later appeared in films like Basu Chatterjee's Baton Baton Mein (1979) and Hrishikesh Mukherjee's Khubsoorat (1980). Khatta Meetha is known for songs like 'Thoda hai, thode ki zaroorat hai' and 'Tum se mila tha pyar'. The movie did well at the box office.
Homi Mistry (Ashok Kumar) is a Parsi widower who is about to retire. He lives in a small home with his four sons. Realizing that he may need emotional support and someone to take care of the house and his sons, he decides to remarry. His friend Soli (David Abraham Cheulkar) introduces him to a Parsi widow Nargis Sethna (Pearl Padamsee), who has one daughter and two sons. Hell breaks loose as both the families are informed of the alliance.
How the two families learn to adjust with each other & come up with solutions for their problems forms the plot of the story.
The Story has all essence and genres - COMEDY , EMOTIONS, FAMILY VALUES , SACRIFICES MADE , LOVE , RESPECT
- Ashok Kumar as Homi Mistry
- Pearl Padamsee as Nargis Sethna
- Rakesh Roshan as Firoze Sethna
- Bindiya Goswami as Zarine
- Ravi Raaj
- Raju Shrestha as Peelu Mistry (as Master Raju)
- Deven Verma as Dara
- Preeti Ganguli as Freni Sethna
- Ranjit Chowdhry as Russie Mistry
- Iftekhar as Mr. Cooper (lawyer)
- Keshto Mukherjee as Milkman
- David Abraham as Soli
- Ruby Mayer as Mrs. Perin Soli
|1||Thoda Hai Thode Ki Jaroorat Hai||Kishore Kumar, Lata Mangeshkar|
|2||Tumse Mila Tha Pyar Kuch Achhe Naseeb The||Kishore Kumar, Lata Mangeshkar|
|3||Ye Jeena Hai Angur Ka Dana, Katha Meetha||Kishore Kumar, Usha Mangeshkar|
|4||Mummy O Mummy, Tu Kabb Saas Banegi||Kishore Kumar|
|5||Roll Roll||Kishore Kumar, Amit Kumar|
|6||Frenny O Frenny||Amit Kumar, Shailender Singh|
A TV series produced by Cinevistaas Limited on DD Metro had the same title. The title of the song, Thoda Hai Thode Ki Zaroorat Hai by Gulzar was later used in the title of TV series, Thoda Hai Thode Ki Zaroorat Hai (1997) and Thoda Hai Bas Thode Ki Zaroorat Hai (2010). The 2010 Hindi film, Golmaal 3, used the idea of couple with children from their previous marriages marrying.
- "Unfair fun". The Tribune. 27 August 2006.
- List of Filmfare Award Winners and Nominations, 1953-2005
- "'Little Zizou' puts Parsis in comic spotlight after 30 years". The Hindu. 16 March 2009.
- "Golmaal 3 - Movie review". MiD DAY. 6 November 2010.
- "No golmaal here: Rohit". The Times of India. 28 September 2010.
- "Bollywood goes retro to boost box office sales". The Independent. 7 December 2011.
|This article about a Hindi film of the 1970s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|