|Industry||Video games, Mobile games, Games development|
|Jacob Moller (CEO)
Number of employees
Kiloo is a Danish games development company headquartered in the central part of Aarhus, Denmark. Kiloo was founded in 2000 by the current CEO Jacob Møller, with a focus on developing wireless entertainment content for mobile phones and handheld devices. In 2008, he was joined by his brother, Simon Møller, together with whom he now fully owns and runs Kiloo A/S.
Kiloo's best known game, Subway Surfers, was released in the spring of 2012 and was developed in cooperation with SYBO Games. A few weeks after its release, the free running game for iOS was named Game of the Week for 31 May 2012 by AppAdvice. In September, the game made its way to Android and gathered even more enthusiastic players. One month after the Android release, Subway Surfers made it into the top 20 growing Facebook apps by monthly active users. In July 2014, Subway Surfers exceeded five hundred million downloads across all platforms.
Kiloo was founded in 2000, in a small apartment in Aarhus, Denmark, as a two person company. In 2002, the partnership dissolved and Kiloo changed into a private company. In the same year, Kiloo won the Nokia Mobile Challenge in the games category  ahead of 500 competing companies, with their game Popstar build on a Tamagotchi like concept of managing the career and basic needs of an upcoming pop music star.
Later on, Kiloo entered an agreement with THQ Wireless to develop the game Worms for mobile. Kiloo also cooperated with ITE on development and distribution of mobile content based on the TV and game character Hugo. By 2004, the Hugo games were bought by 1 million people.
Between 2006 and 2009, Kiloo had the exclusive mobile rights for LEGO worldwide. In 2007, Kiloo broke into Børsen’s "Fast Track 100" which placed Kiloo in the league of Denmark’s fastest growing private companies. In the same year, Kiloo acquired the exclusive rights for Whac-a-Mole worldwide with reference to developing and selling Whac-a-Mole mobile content.
In 2008 Kiloo raised capital from Danish VC FirmaInvest for further growth.
In 2014, Kiloo released Smash Champs.
In 2013, Kiloo Group was founded by integrating three subsidiary companies in the Kiloo family: Manatee, Baboon and GivingTales.
The company was established in 2012 and focuses on apps development. Customers include McDonald’s Denmark The McDonald’s Coinoffers app has been developed in cooperation with DDB Copenhagen. The campaign including the app won gold and silver in the categories “Integrated Campaigns”, “Events & Digital Events”, “Digtial Campaigns” og “Brand Driven Apps & Utilities” at the CCA 2012. The campaign won also a Bronze Lion in the category “Best Integrated Campaign Led by Mobile” at Cannes Lions 2012 and another Bronze Lion in the category “Best Use of Integrated Media” 
Baboon ApS was established in 2014 and specializes in the development of online shopping portals. In June 2014, Baboon launched Katoni, a shopping portal for fashion. Katoni.dk has collected clothes, shoes, and accessories from a large range of online shops to make shopping for fashion online as easy as possible.
GivingTales is a cooperation between Kiloo and evershift. The project was established in 2012 to develop engaging, interactive and entertaining versions of popular Hans Christian Andersen fairy tales for children. The tales will be narrated by world class actors and celebrities in a drive to educate. The product is developed in Budapest (Hungary), and it is planned to be released in 2015.
Kiloo has created games licensed from brands and companies such as:
- Maya the Bee and Friends for (mobile – 2006)
- Hugo: Black Diamond Fever for (mobile – 2004)
- Happy Tree Friends
- Whac-a-mole for the iPhone
- Commodore 64 for the iPhone
- Subway Surfers for the iPhone, and Android (operating system), along with Windows Phone
- Smash Champs for the iPhone, and Android (operating system)
In 2010, Kiloo Games announced a new original IP called Zoonies. The game is for Nintendo DSi and 3DS. Zoonies was sponsored by the New Danish Screen. In 2011 Kiloo releases Frisbee Forever  and BulletTime HD. in 2012 an endless running game Subway Surfers is released in co-production with Sybo Games and Kiloo continues series with Frisbee Forever 2.
In 2008, Kiloo started developing mobile applications alongside the game development. These include:
- Issuu Mobile  – a magazine reader for iPhone
- JokeToons – animated videocontent for iPhone
- Games licensed from Wham-O
- "Interview: CEO of Kiloo, Maker of App Store C64 Emulator". OSNews. OSNews. 27 January 2013. Retrieved 27 January 2013.
- Chan, Christine. "AppAdvice Game Of The Week For May 31, 2012". AppAdvice. AppAdvice. Retrieved 27 January 2013.
- Grush, Andrew. "Highly Popular iOS game, Subway Surfers, comes to Android". Mobile Magazine. Mobile Magazine. Retrieved 27 January 2013.
- Darwell, Brittany. "Farmville 2, Instagram, Zuma Blitz, Subway Surfers and more on this week’s top 20 growing Facebook apps by MAU". Inside Facebook. Inside Facebook. Retrieved 27 January 2013.
- "Nokia Mobile Challenge awards winners for most innovative and useful Java(TM) applications". Press Release. Nokia. Retrieved 27 January 2013.
- "Worms game page". IGN. Retrieved 27 January 2013.
- "ITE and Kiloo expands Agreement". Press Release. hugo-troll.de. Retrieved 27 January 2013.
- Thomsen, Casper. "Fodbold indleder millionsalg af Lego-mobilspil". Computerworld. Retrieved 27 January 2013.
- "Whac-a-Mole™ by Kiloo Exceeds 1,500,000 U.S. Downloads on iPhone Over the 12 Days of Christmas". Press Release. PRWeb. Retrieved 27 January 2013.
- Lubbe, Anne. "Mobile phone game developer Kiloo raises fresh capital". Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark. Retrieved 27 January 2013.
- Jordan, Jon. "Kiloo and Wham-O link up for iOS title Frisbee Forever". pocketgamer.co.uk. Retrieved 27 January 2013.
- "Wham-O® Frisbee® Forever Lands in Apple App Store Today!". Press Release. Business Wire. Retrieved 27 January 2013.
- "Kiloo Games are proud to announce Bullet Time, the next massive action-adventure for iOS.". Press Release. gamasutra. Retrieved 27 January 2013.
- "Lords of the Underground". Unity3D. Retrieved 27 January 2013.
- Kiloo Happy Tree Friends Spin
- New Danish Screen.
- Touch Arcade Announce 03-25-2011
- Touch Arcade Announce 09-02-2011
- Touch Arcade Announce 04-20-2012
- Touch Arcade Announce 05-11-2012
- Issuu.com homepage
- Kiloo Licenses Various Wham-o Brands